Amp without Cabinet/mIcrophone profiling (direct amp profile?)

• Hi guys,

Since two days I have a Mesa Boogie 50/50 poweramp (old model). With the Kemper it sounds really good, better than old/normal preamps (standalone, Peavey Rockmaster, Rocktron Voodoo Valve, Koch Pedaltone etc). I am not using the cabs and a lot of high gain profiles sound good.

I also have a Mesa Dual Rectifier en a Koch attenuator with a di output. So the speaker out of the amp goes into the Koch (dummy load) and a DI out goes to the Kemper. No speaker attached to the rectifier.

My idea was to profile my Mesa DR and use this profile with my mesa 50/50. But I do not want to mic it and do not need a cab profile. I just want the amp.

When profiling I hear my Mesa DR via reference amp but the kemper amp is silent. The reference amp sounds killer through my 50/50 and cabinets (mesa thiele).
    But profiling will not work. It says to much noise or no sound. I am using the jack in (next to the xlr input).

What am I doing wrong here? I thought this would be a piece of cake.

Probably there are more topics on this (probably read most of them), but one way or another profiling without mics/cabinets are difficult for me.

• Does the

Koch attenuator

got a "cab sim"? Maybe this interferes? Often these load boxes like some DIs got some kind of EQ curves which can be turned off or stuff like that. Otherwise check the levels and check your connections. It should be wired exactly like you'd wire it when profiling with a mic except the load box' out goes where the mic would go. Be aware that this won't sound like the mic'd amp. The load box got it's own sound!

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12