Boosting KPA with external OD/Boost pedals

• Hey guys,

I've been experimenting using a traditional pedalboard with the KPA.

I'm having trouble with boosting the signal for solo's and such.

any advice would be much appreciated.

• Yeah..Its just giving me more gain and clipping the input.

I'd like it to boost the actual signal rather than the gain. I've been trying it with clean profiles running an OD & Boost pedals into the front of the KPA.

• You need to have the boost pedal post the amp section. To do this, place it in a loop of the Kemper in the X or Mod slot. If you have it before the amp, it will not result in as great a volume boost as after the amp and will also change your gajn structure to boot.

This! It's exactly like boosting a tube amp. Boosting the input will mostly result in more gain except the signal and amp are really, really clean and not cranked up. Use the loop like you'd normally do.

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• Just want to ask this here beacuse this is contrary to what I have found. Bear in mind I am a new user and have had the Kemper for 2-3 weeks.

What I have achieved best results with is running the boost in the stomp section, not the effects section, Surely if you put the boost pedal post-amp section then it will not be functioning as a boost pedal, where the whole point is to drive the input harder (or so I thought).

Or does TS mean that he was putting the boost between the guitar and the KPA input?

• With a clean/semi-clean signal you will get a volume increase from a booster in the stomp section. This works until you reach a saturation point where you only increase gain not the volume by adding boosters before the amp section. This is why I always use a pure booster in the effects section to get a volume increase with a high gain profile.