Morning Star FX midi controller

• I was really wowed by this small Singapore-based company's midi controller.

http://www.morningstarfx.com/#…44-962f-fd61-0d127b066052

It is really small, has six buttons and a display. But it can send eight midi messages per button, which effectively means you could turn on and off all FX on your Kemper with a single button press.

Here's a description:
    The MC6 is a compact-sized, fully programmable MIDI controller. 30 banks of 6 switches give you more than enough space to store all the presets you need. With the ability to send up to 8 different messages per switch, the MC6 is capable of meeting even your most demanding MIDI requirements.

Choose from more than 15 different MIDI message types (incl. PC, CC, Toggle, MIDI Clock and many more) and customise each preset to best suit your needs. Apart from standard MIDI messages, you can also toggle between different messages with a single switch or send different messages depending on whether you tap or hold down a switch.

Connect up to 2 expression pedals for continuous control of your desired parameters, or add up to 6 extra presets (a total of 12 per bank) by connecting external aux switches.

Class compliant MIDI over USB capability gives you hands free control over your favourite DAWs and music software, while allowing you to control your other MIDI hardware at the same time.

At $229, seems like more than a fair bargain. I'm assuming that you can send those eight midi messages on different channels. It also has a handy editor that looks like a breeze to programme.

I think you can even ask them to make you one with a custom case. Check out their web page, some really beautiful pieces they have made.

The only thing I could not find that I required was bank selection capability. I need to be able to send a LSB and MSB to select patches on my synth, though I plan to experiment and see whether sending CC messages for MSB and LSB will work instead.

Still, this looks like something some of our forumites might find handy!

• oh so you need more, I thought you only wanted a small Midi footcontroller with a display,

Kemper Stage, KPA head, Remote, JH Audio Lola IEM, Shure PSM 900 wireless System, L-Acoustics 108P active FRFR monitor.

• oh so you need more, I thought you only wanted a small Midi footcontroller with a display,

Yup! My Loopholic 5 is relatively small at 11" x 5.5", but it can only send 5 simultaneous PC and CC commands. I need more CC commands in particular. Looking into something like a Liquid Foot so that I can send bank commands too.