Question about reverting back to 3.3

• I recently updated to 4.0.6 and would like to go back down to 3.3. I made backups of 3.3 and all rigs, etc., so I'm assuming it'll be easy.

Do I just swap the 4.0.6 kaos file on my USB for the 3.3 one? And then, after I do that, do I need to then re-install a backup of my rigs/settings that I made prior to updating to 4.0.6, or will downgrading back to 3.3 take care of all of that?

• The kaos file doesn't take care of the rigs, so you'd need to restore to a backup.
    But why would you want to go back to 3.3 at all?

I just feel like something is different in the sound since I've updated. Not sure what, and it's most likely in my head. But I want to do a back to back test to confirm. I also now see how bad the delay in terms of the visual change on the screen of the remote. I know @sambox showed a video of it and at first it didn't seem that bad. But after using it in person, I can definitely see how this delay on the screen when changing between rigs using the remote can cause some issues. I mainly just want to test the sounds of 3.3 vs 4.0.6 back to back really quick. I can learn to deal with the delay on the screen (I think).

• Is this really a thing? I noticed it too, at rehearsal last week, and I thought I was losing my mind.

Yes, it's definitely slower than the previous firmware. I think it's usable as long as you're aware of the fact that there will be a delay on the screen when switching. The sound switches instantly, which is what really matters most to me.