Helix Profiles

• Thanks for taking the time and effort in profiling the Helix. I was curious as to whether or not you used any 3rd party IRs (e.g. Ownhammer, etc.) while creating these or are the profiles of the pre-loaded sounds? Thanks.

nope i used the blank preset of the amp with the original cab, the only thing i changed was the mic and eq ... so you have a helix sound after 30 sekonds of tweaking ...

• i added two versions of the Stoneage with another cab ... i really recommend trying different cabs

• I was at a Helix demonstration last night, with Paul Hindmarsh doing the button pushing. It's an interesting unit. For me flying back and forth to uk for gigs, it'd be almost perfect. Obviously I'd miss my Kemper gotos, but apart from that and the lack of a poweramp, I'd jump right on it. For live fly dates, it's almost a no brainer. I'm willing to compromise on sound to balance the weight and inconvenience of carrying a ton of gear, but the lack of a poweramp means hiring in more equipment anyway.

Back on topic, I'm interested in trying these profiles. Might have a gander at the Rig Exchange later.

• The Helix is great, i really like it. the guitarist and singer of my Band Blackes Light has a Helix an i have the kemper and we play directly into the pa system... and it is his helix that i profiled. And i must say i think it is the most realistic sounding multieffect on the market directly after comes the kemper (they are as always ALMOST identical when you profile it) and way behind the axe fx (much more compressed and stiff but for djent awesome and no other product is as flexilbe as teh axefx) ...

BUT i hate menu systems, and the fact that you can turn on an off any effect with the pressing of one button is super awesome, i already had the axe fx and while these crazy routing options are great, i simply tweaked more then i played... the same goes for the helix and the superawesome footcontroller... setting it up takes too long ... so yeah ... and after a few years they will get old and you'll have the feeling that you need to buy the new one because it is way better ... i know when the axe fx 3 comes out i will profile it and will be happy with the result ... so yeah i will only sell the kemper when kemper 2 comes out ^^ haha

• Why would anyone want a simulation of a real amp, when we can get closer with the profile from the real amp directly ?

There are hundreds of Axe-Fx profiles around... Basically IMO it's the "I do it because I can" syndrome (which translates to "why not").

:)

• I just bought a Helix about 3 weeks ago. I was skeptical about profiling digital because in the past I've profiled an AMT into a 2 notes cab and it was .....OK. I've spent some time adjusting presets to my liking and after reading this thread I decided to profile about a dozen or so. I've been a/b ing them with profiles I am fond of and all I can so is wow. I know someone brought up the profiling drop off of the low end of the amps but after hearing the differences between the helix profiles and the Kemper original profiles it's night and day. The low end is maintained on the new helix profiles. Very interesting test and results.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I was editing the profile info and my computer ran low on battery. Letting it charge and watching football. I will here in a while once charged up. I think someone was wanting the Park 75 so I'll need to do that tomorrow.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I was editing the profile info and my computer ran low on battery. Letting it charge and watching football. I will here in a while once charged up. I think someone was wanting the Park 75 so I'll need to do that tomorrow.

The park was definitely my favorite on the HD500 (the bright Chanel), that would be very kind of you, it will give me an idea of how much more advanced the Helix is compared with the HD series as I was very familiar with the Park model.

• I acquired a Helix the other day. It's crashed on me a few times already in my first hour of playing around with it (editing a preset in Snapshot mode), and now the headphone out seems to be mangled on one side! Having a bit of a nightmare with it, and first impressions of the amp models haven't been favourable. Some of the effects heavy patches are really nice, though, but if this headphone issue doesn't resolve itself after a reset, then it's going back!

Thanks for profiling it. I can still play around with the sounds if I do send it in.

I just tried those Helix profiles, Really appreciate your time. These are nice profiles, the orange and mark IV sounded pretty good. Actually it sounds like there's significant improvement over the HD series.

Thanks again!