Helix Profiles

• https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4as…ufQXepkXOfFul4txJiXa?dl=0

i will add them to rig exchange as soon as i can :) i hope you like them ! :)

• Great Job on these. Wow it seems like you nailed the sounds. I'm using my recollection of the POD HD, but these definitely are a huge improvement over the POD. Thank you, It would be great if you can profile the Park 75.That was my favorite in the POD and I'm really curious to see how improved the helix version is.

Thanks again.

@kriswyldeThis is great for the Kemper community, the variety isn't limited, now in addition to the AXE FX II profiles, everyone who owns a Kmper has access to Line 6 modeling. Even though you're correct and in the end of the day, Profiles of real amps are the best, the added variety solidifies the KPA as an ultimate solution that encompasses every thing to do with Guitar amps, real and virtual. It makes the transition for those on the fence that much easier, don't settle for the Helix or AXE FX II buy a Kemper and Have them all in addition to the best profile of real world amps.

• Why would anyone want a simulation of a real amp, when we can get closer with the profile from the real amp directly ?

Just asking !

i think it doesn't matter if a good sounding profile comes from a real amp or another highend device, and i think the helix and the axe fx 2 have some great sounding amps worth a profile ...

and the other thing is, making shitty profiles because of bad micing is also not possible xD and the cabs of the helix are cool maybe you can use them for your other profiles ...

i think there are may reason to capture as many sounds as you want, if it sounds good profile it, no matter if it is a real amp or anything else ... why not

• ... and i couldn't get some of these amps as a real version ... so yeah

• Great Job on these. Wow it seems like you nailed the sounds. I'm using my recollection of the POD HD, but these definitely are a huge improvement over the POD. Thank you, It would be great if you can profile the Park 75.That was my favorite in the POD and I'm really curious to see how improved the helix version is.

Thanks again.

Hey thanks! i'm glad you like them :) hmmm too bad maybe next week, the helix belongs to a friend so if i can get it i'll do it :)

• Thank you GREAT job!
    Love the Hiwatt profile.
    Real amp/non real amp who cares if you get a great sound. Start changing cabs and your jaw can wind up on the floor.
    Use your ears not your eyes.
    Thank you again.
    Bill

• It would be great if you can profile the Park 75.That was my favorite in the POD

Mine too, Dean. The starting point was already far-less scratchy and more-organic sounding than the other tones, IMHO.

@kriswyldeThis is great for the Kemper community, the variety isn't limited, now in addition to the AXE FX II profiles, everyone who owns a Kmper has access to Line 6 modeling. Even though you're correct and in the end of the day, Profiles of real amps are the best, the added variety solidifies the KPA as an ultimate solution that encompasses every thing to do with Guitar amps, real and virtual. It makes the transition for those on the fence that much easier, don't settle for the Helix or AXE FX II buy a Kemper and Have them all in addition to the best profile of real world amps.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Dean.

i think it doesn't matter if a good sounding profile comes from a real amp or another highend device, and i think the helix and the axe fx 2 have some great sounding amps worth a profile ...

and the other thing is, making shitty profiles because of bad micing is also not possible xD and the cabs of the helix are cool maybe you can use them for your other profiles ...

i think there are may reason to capture as many sounds as you want, if it sounds good profile it, no matter if it is a real amp or anything else ... why not

Most definitely, BMan!

EDIT: Oh, and thank you mate!

• The kemper had some trouble getting certain of my pod hd to profile, but those were usually ones that were exhibiting fake sounding weirdness when i manipulated the amp DEPs. For instance, some notes would have more attack than others, or just be louder, but not like a normal resonance. Some notes sounded like they were clipping in a fuzz/digital way Once i adjusted my pod to be more natural sounding, the kemper captured them easily and after refining the sound was there. After though, i tweaked the profiles further and they sounded better than the pod. Id typically lower definition a bit then use pre amp eq and other of the amp params, like sagging, to get a fatter, richer, and more amp-like tone

• Do you think the Kemper could capture the sounds properly? Did you hear a noticable difference? If not, that is a compliment to both units I think.

well it was very mixed, some were spot-on, some even sounded better after profiling, and some sounded better on the helix, most of the time when the sounds of the helix had a bit more on 120hz and below and a fuzzy character ...

• heut nacht gibts noch nachschub ^^ hab noch ein paar profiled :) ich füge es einfach dem bestehenden ordner hinzu

• Quote from DanielRigler: “Do you think the Kemper could capture the sounds properly? Did you hear a noticable difference? If not, that is a compliment to both units I think.”

well it was very mixed, some were spot-on, some even sounded better after…

Thanks for taking the time and effort in profiling the Helix. I was curious as to whether or not you used and 3rd party IRs (e.g. Ownhammer, etc.) while creating these or are the profiles of the pre-loaded sounds? Thanks.

• Quote from DanielRigler: “Do you think the Kemper could capture the sounds properly? Did you hear a noticable difference? If not, that is a compliment to both units I think.”

well it was very mixed, some were spot-on, some even sounded better after…

Thanks for taking the time and effort in profiling the Helix. I was curious as to whether or not you used any 3rd party IRs (e.g. Ownhammer, etc.) while creating these or are the profiles of the pre-loaded sounds? Thanks.