Who doesn't use morph or other 4.06 features?

• I'm not missing the point on anything, I am making one about the morph feature. A merge feature is as stated, a method tried before and not very popular then and from what I gather from the posts, not very popular now except for some extreme users. The Lexicon Vortex came out around the mid 90's, from the manual: "Audio morphing allows you to control dynamic transformations between any two effects" -so same idea basically. The problem was nobody really got in to it and it disappeared quickly. For some slower music or experimental sounds, if may be fun, but other than that it is just another gimmick most will abandon out of boredom with it. As always, the most sought after features are absolute flexibility in routing and all the usual suspects in effects, along with great sound. The reverbs and delays should have come first, my guess is due to the complexity of the reverbs and such, Kemper just threw this out to appease people until they figured out the rest. As for your mention of control over certain parameters and expression control I haven't said anything about that, so not sure why you lumped it in which is unrelated to my post.

Again, you're missing the point. Yes, at its extreme, morphing can be used to blend two or more effects to go between two radically different sounds and tones. That is however probably not its most popular application. At its most basic (and most useful) level, morphing is only the realtime control of parameters, either between two set values triggered by a switch, or continuously using an expression pedal. Show me a midi controllable preamp or multi effects unit that doesn't have some similar function. Kemper just took it to another level, user-friendliness-wise. I'd argue that morphing is more essential than updating the delays and reverbs, as what is already there covers a lot of ground.

Edit : reading your reply again, I'm not sure you actually understand what morphing is...?

• Again, no, I am not missing anything. I realize what it is, what it can do, and what the possibilities are. I've stated my points and you have also, so there it is. For me, I still have separate racks for delays and reverbs, and a few pedals. If there are great things for these in the Kemper upcoming, that is pretty much all I need for a guitar, and I would say for many as well. For complex composition and just one guitarist, I can see the need for what you describe, but I would say 90% of the guitar need doesn't reside there for most people.

• Slateboy, I am positive, and posted my input as per the question of your thread, I was just sidetracked by sambrox's assumptions. Polls are useless because even though you see who does and who does not use the feature, you do not find out why. In a discussion you hopefully find common ground why. Obviously this would be good information for a company to know.

• I was just sidetracked by sambrox's assumptions

I assumed nothing, I based my reply to you on the information in your posts. You though seem to assume that Kemper's focus on morphing has somehow sidetracked the updates to reverbs and delays, for which there is no evidence. I get that you don't personally see a use for controlling parameters in realtime, but to say it isn't useful is incorrect. Anyway, on a lighter note, how about any of the other 4.06 features, as per the thread title? Multiple delays in any slot (except the reverb slot, of course) and the strobe tuner I guess are the biggest hitters. Anyone using these?

• Sambrox, I realize that you are trying to be right, but it does get tiresome after the first two retorts, don't you think? Let it go an let others have a chance. Thanks in advance.

• How about any of the other 4.06 features, as per the thread title? Multiple delays in any slot (except the reverb slot, of course) and the strobe tuner I guess are the biggest hitters. Anyone using these?

I don't really care for the strobe tuner (on stage I prefer to have it on the ground and for home/studio use I prefer the bubble) and one delay slot is all I need, and I'm happy with it being the default one.
    I can't think of any other 4.06 feature I have a use for, apart from morphing.

• I use morphing to have two different gain levels on my rhythm tone, without having to duplicate the rig. Lower for more subtle crunchy tones, higher for some more aggressive stuff.

As a side note (sorry for quoting myself) I could achieve the same result by using CC#72, but with morphing I can also control parameters which don't have a CC# assigned to them (e.g. EQ), choosing them on a per rig basis, plus I'm not dependent on the MIDI controller to set the levels I want, as I can specify them directly in the rig.

• Anyway, on a lighter note, how about any of the other 4.06 features, as per the thread title? Multiple delays in any slot (except the reverb slot, of course) and the strobe tuner I guess are the biggest hitters. Anyone using these?

I have not yet tried the flexible delay in any slot feature. Once effects loops became popular in the 80s (and we rejoiced), I never looked back.
    Pete Thorn's recent video on pre-amp delay position has made me curious, though.

I still can't use any of the tuner functions. They are very SLOW at a live gig and useless. When you have 1 to 2 measures in a song to get back in tune it must respond quickly so I only use my Polytune. If you're playing at home, they are OK. Even then, the strobe never settles down. It makes my blood pressure rise. :cursing:

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me