Who doesn't use morph or other 4.06 features?

• I've not found any benefits.. but used mostly in studio environment here for re-amping or additional guitar overdubs.
    (No pedals or remote used)

What I would benefit from the most (and I imagine anyone who has one of these racked in the studio) would be a software editor to save bending over to reach to the racks to adjust on a tiny little screen, I would get so much more use out if it... I rarely now and it doesn't get the amount of use it should!

• I dont use morphing! Don`t see any reason to use it.! I msotly make two paralelle presets one for rythm and one for solo in that way i have an instant solo sound that i need.

• myself a lot of other folks would have had a lot more use for new delays and new reverbs, then morphing,,just no use for it here,
    I want it to just switch instantly ,, that would be a great start,, still on 3.2 until they get it right,, sorry,, it aint right if it doesnt switch instantly,,
    should basic functions,, like switching patches instantly ,with a 600 dollar foot switch,, be way more important then morphing?

• I want it to just switch instantly ,, that would be a great start,, still on 3.2 until they get it right,, sorry,, it aint right if it doesnt switch instantly,,
    should basic functions,, like switching patches instantly ,with a 600 dollar foot switch,, be way more important then morphing?

It does switch instantly. I guess you're referring to the lag in the display updating when switching (sound switching is instantaneous, unless you've set it otherwise with the Rig X-Fade parameters). It's off-putting, but the 4.06 release is slightly faster than the betas, I think. I'm slowly getting used to trusting my feet and stopping second-guessing myself, though I'd rather that the LEDs and display reflect my switches instantly, too.

• To me morphing has been really useful, as you can morph to a full-on lead tone with one footswitch. This means I can use a simple small non-midi dual footswitch and have access to a lead tone plus one stomp, usually for phaser. A very compact setup for jam sessions or gigs where you don't want to bring a large pedalboard!

• I just use for fun it in one song. To pan the sound from left to right and back in a predefined amount of beats. Combined with something like whammy down... 8o

Years ago we covered Eagles "Get over it" (verse2) - similar effect. To bad the Kemper-Toaster wasn't inveted at that time....

• not complaining,, love this thing.. but basic functions like the display following the patch change , should be fixed before all the extra stuff,,, no?
    esp with a 600 dollar footswitch,,,,jus saying,,,

• I use morphing all the time and find it massively useful. I could see the potential for me in a live situation straight away: sometimes I use it for a volume boost for solos (or even simply balancing my volume on stage when the drummer gets carried away), other times I use it to morph a single effect, such as reverb mix, for a section of a song, and then other times I will use morphing to go from one sound to a completely different one.
    I love it and wouldn't want to be without it.

• I didn't, but have started to. Simple stuff like extra gain and delay for solos. I'm surprised by how great it is

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• I've added a lot of gain morph to the profiles just in case I like to have another gain stage available. I would like to add the harmonizer to be able to play some short passages with the harmonizer on but I didn't found the right setting to get it fully bypassed.

• would like to add the harmonizer to be able to play some short passages with the harmonizer on but I didn't found the right setting to get it fully bypassed.

I use somtimes the Profile "AL THEO SIMON" (RE from Paults)
    You could use the Harm. effect for another Profile and with morph you can set the Mix and Voice balance to - 50% without morph (almost no effect for my ears) and the parameter you need with morph.
    Its worth for a try.

• Morphing to me is not useful. It reminds me of the old Lexicon Vortex rack. I just can't see the use for it for fast changes. I think new reverbs and delays and such are way more important and useful than this feature, it should have come second instead of first. If the reverbs and delays came first, nobody would be so worried about how long this morphing thing took to get done. Also work on a PC editor would be nice. Morphing seems to me would be more useful for keyboards rather than guitar.

• Morphing to me is not useful. It reminds me of the old Lexicon Vortex rack. I just can't see the use for it for fast changes. I think new reverbs and delays and such are way more important and useful than this feature, it should have come second instead of first. If the reverbs and delays came first, nobody would be so worried about how long this morphing thing took to get done. Also work on a PC editor would be nice. Morphing seems to me would be more useful for keyboards rather than guitar.

I think you're missing the point, ultimately. Users of the Remote have been crying out for control over certain parameters via footswitches and expression pedals since it came out. Delay time, feedback and mix spring to mind here, and although technically they've been controllable via midi for a while, users of the Remote with pedals attached have been missing out. I believe that morphing grew out of the Kemper team's explorations into finding an elegant solution to the rather cumbersome midi assignation problems of other preamps/effects units. Just because you can gradually morph between two widely different sounds and sets of effects doesn't mean that that is all it's useful for. For me, the more simple and subtle uses make the feature invaluable.

• I'm not missing the point on anything, I am making one about the morph feature. A merge feature is as stated, a method tried before and not very popular then and from what I gather from the posts, not very popular now except for some extreme users. The Lexicon Vortex came out around the mid 90's, from the manual: "Audio morphing allows you to control dynamic transformations between any two effects" -so same idea basically. The problem was nobody really got in to it and it disappeared quickly. For some slower music or experimental sounds, if may be fun, but other than that it is just another gimmick most will abandon out of boredom with it. As always, the most sought after features are absolute flexibility in routing and all the usual suspects in effects, along with great sound. The reverbs and delays should have come first, my guess is due to the complexity of the reverbs and such, Kemper just threw this out to appease people until they figured out the rest. As for your mention of control over certain parameters and expression control I haven't said anything about that, so not sure why you lumped it in which is unrelated to my post.

• I tend to agree with much of what you said, Nemo, and I'll probably not be using it either. Many will 'though - mostly live, I'm guessing.

I think you'll find 'though that implementing and coding for the morphing feature would've been orders of magnitude trickier than concocting a nice-'n-shiny new reverb effect.

• I love the morphing feature. It doubles the amount of tones in a bank...like a 2 channel amp.
    I use delay for maybe 2 songs at a gig. I'm way more interested in great sounding dirt stomps instead of delay.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me