A strong earthquake in Centre Italy.

• Try to be safe brother.

Let my stay in sorrow that it shakes till now... I hope this is not the beginning of something bigger but it calms down.

hang tight GF

Thank you all guys!
    Actually, I'm one of the luckiest ones... but I do appreciate your care :)

san giminiano, such a marvelous place, what a loss it is damaged now.

It's is safe... for now.

I've read a few about italy sismic activity following this disaster and what i learned is pretty scary. I didn't know Italy is such a sismic place.

Yep, have a look at the map I published some posts back.
    Clearly Italy detached from Yugoslavia and the whole Mediterranean basin is constantly on the move.
    Have a look at the volcanic structure of the area... three active ones in a few kilometres (plus a lot more currently inactive) is not a sign of stability... :/

• consider cities like San Gimignano or Orte

I hope you were in no danger Gianfranco. Was San Gimi damaged?? I love that town!! Well, and lots of other cities in Italy, a big fan. Terrible tragedy, terrible loss of great historical old houses.

Gary ô¿ô

• No Gary, Tuscany has not been meaningfully touched by the seism.
    No personal danger undergone, even tho I have no clue about how long my house will endure future shocks.
    Thanks for your concerns, appreciate them.

• Sour humour...
    I don't know whether to LOL or to COL

[Blocked Image: https://webmailfreebeta.aruba.it/cgi-bin/ajaxmail?Act_View=1&[email protected]&R_Folder=SU5CT1g=&msgID=8126&Body=2]

Government: No worries! We'll not be forgetting you!

Survivor: Thanks... we were a bit concerned, considering what has happened to L'Aquila [the capital town of the Abruzzi region, where a comparable seism took place in 2009 with identical consequences, A/N ]...

Government: Gosh! Why, what happened to L'Aquila?!

• Viabroce,
    Heartfelt condolences and prayers go to you and the Italian population experiencing this disaster and relatives of those maybe not in the direct line, but having relatives in the disaster area.

• Check post 54 see how i warned it was going to happen again and to get to the DOME housing its the ONLY safe way.
    Gianfranco are you okay brother? Any news?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• while waiting for Giancarlo, a few infos: the quake was 6.5 r and stroke mainly where it did last time. So it worsened the past damages and made new ones to nearby cities.

here where I am the quake was clearly felt but made no damages...I'm in Florence, Tuscany.

as far as I know this time there were no deads...only wounded. But news said about 100.000 are now homeless

regards

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Thanks for the report Michael, I just got a pm from Gianfranco he is okay :)
    Yeah and i bet when they re build homes they dont build domes so now again we wait for the next earth quake :(
    Try and stay safe brother, there is no security that there is not more to come

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Sorry to learn there's been a new strong one (6.5), though fortunately not as devastating as the one in August. Let's hope it is the last for a long time.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• thanks guys...but unfortunately it is said that in the mentioned area there is a fault which, of course, moves itself. I guess the best thing is to not build there. Imagine building houses in the s. Adreas fault...and then complaining that there are quakes!

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• Hey Michael, sure am glad you're ok! Giancarlo as well. They are unfortunately predicting this could just be the precursor for something much bigger.

Be safe my friend! And everyone in the region.

Gary

Gary ô¿ô

• Hey Michael, sure am glad you're ok! Giancarlo as well. They are unfortunately predicting this could just be the precursor for something much bigger.

Be safe my friend! And everyone in the region.

Gary

something worst is expected because of the fault I mentioned...we really should learn to respect when the earth doesn't want us in some of her places.

• Yes its Gianfranco not Giancarlo... :P^^
    He has informed me to tell all us worried Kemperites that he is okay!
    :)

You know i always wondered, REMOVE THE OIL FROM THE EARTH
    WHAT KEEPS THE TECTONIC PLATES LUBRICATED? did they ever do a study to see what IMPACT
    removing oil does to the planet?

NO.

Fracking can cause quakes too... My feeling is this can be related to being man made...hmm

Ash

• FWIW I used the name 'Giancarlo' responding to Michael Mellner who used that name above. I thought maybe he had inside info and yada yada...

Anyway I glad all are ok, including Gianfranco!

Gary ô¿ô