Rig-filter not re-applied on boot

• The profiler retains settings on shutdown, but active rig-filters are not reapplied properly when it is re-booted. The filter, for example "Current author", appear active but the rig-list is then initially empty. To get back to the same state as before shutdown one has to through several steps (select all rigs and load one, then locate and load one from the correct author, then reapply the filter and finally go browsing for the rig that was active on shutdown) . It isn't complex, but very annoying in the long run. I use the "current author" filter a lot.

I reported the problem as a suspected bug to Kemper support some time ago and got a reply that sort of admitted it is a bug, but is hasn't been corrected in any of the firmware-versions released since. I would guess it is just one or two existing functions that needs to be called during boot so the fix should be simple, and that it should not add more than a few milliseconds at most to the boot process. As nothing has happened it makes me wonder if there is a reason for that. Does anyone know a reason why the rig filter from the previous session should not be reapplied on boot? In my opinion filters should be reapplied for both browser-mode and for rig-selection from within performance-mode. If the filters should not be re-applied then the profiler should at least reset the filter to the default "All rigs" and not boot up with a seemingly active filter with something that initially looks like an empty rig-DB.

Edited 2 times, last by heldal ().

• I have a similar problem, though not exactly the same, probably related.

Upon booting the profiler does not remember the spot in the rig list. It will boot with the correct rig that was loaded at shut down but when I press up or down rig it jumps to a rig usually and the end of the alphabetical order. Very frustrating as the main rigs I use are at the top...

Like you I contacted support months ago, they said they saw the issue but it was more to do with Performance Mode. I do not generally use performance mode and this happens every time I turn on the Kemper.

• Does anyone know a reason why the rig filter from the previous session should not be reapplied on boot?

I don't know a reason why it shouldn't, holdall, but I haven't considered it to be bug because most other software I've used doesn't retain the last-used filter either.

I've always thought of it as sitting in a temporary buffer, and therefore, because it's not purposely saved by the user, I've never expected such things to be reproduced upon reboot.

I sure can see the utility of your request 'though, and as a convenience and time-saving measure, it holds water to me.

• I haven't considered it to be bug because most other software I've used doesn't retain the last-used filter either.

If this is by design (and it's a rather weak one if this is the case!), the issue seems to be that the filter option is retained (shown) but not applied.
    IMO, it would be more consistent if the generic "All Rigs" was shown instead.