S/PDIF management

• I would connect with S/PDIF my KPA to audio card, but just now it work just on 44.100 Khz (i don't know his work frequency, but i guess it's higher after some record try at different rate and loss at 44.100 are audible) and the output volume is very low, so i had to back to analog connection for a proper quality. Some feature at this level (Nova System for example has some setting to frequency rate and interpolation in digital connections) are needed in my opinion. Thanks!

• I would like to have the option to set the SPDIF in/outs to slave, so i don't have to switch my audiointerface for recording the Kemper Amp.

Rafport: The SPDIF output level depends on the master volume level. You have to push it to maximum.

• Do you get a signal at all through your S/Pdif connection?
    I set the MV on 100% and the S/Pdif input on my soundcard on full - but I get no sound at all.
    So I figured it just was not available with the current firmware (6900) yet...

• my S/PDIF signal works but at fixed 44.100 Khz. The volume is very low, even putting master at max it's half of what should be and quality of the tone is very bad. The fact someone reach and someone not make me think it's a feature that need lot of work (and i hope big improvements)

• Ok, I tried and tried with the S/Pdif out on the KPA today.
    Gain maxed out, volume maxed out, MV maxed out - everything super hot.. no signal gets to my soundcard.

Is there a digital out volume I'm missing somewhere hidden in the KPA menu?

Gain maxed out, volume maxed out, MV maxed out - everything super hot.. no signal gets to my soundcard.

Not that I know, you have global eq for monitor and main and you have global level for monitor and headphone...a question for tech support

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

I guess the problem is, that your audio interface is set to something different than 44100 Hz. Since the SPDIF input of the KPA is not working yet, the KPA can only act as SPDIF Master, not as Slave. So your Audio Interface should be set as slave. If that is not possible, try to set to 44100 Hz manually.

My SPDIF output works pretty good.

• Actually, I do have the soundcard (M_Audio Delta 2496) set to 44100 Hz. It synchronizes with the S/Pdif out of the Kemper.
    When I try to set the Hz on the soundcard to anything else (48Khz, 96Khz), it just drops back to 44100 Hz.

• This may be related but when I connect S/PDIF OUT to my Axe-fx II S/PDIF IN it gives me a "no input clock" error.
    I know they are 'rival' products but it would be cool to connect the 2.
    Will the fixes allow for clocking at 48khz? and allow me to run the Axe-fx as the sound-card / post-effects processor.

• I already made a suggestion to the kemper guys via email to be able to configure the output signal of the SPDIF output. For those who intend to use the KPA for reamping it would be awesome to be able to output the dry direct output signal of the guitar out of the SPDIF out. That way you would not have to use a DI Box and any further A/D and impedance conversions would not be necessary anymore. i could imagine a config dialog for the SPDIF output routing in the following way:

1. normal Amp output
    2. dry DI output
    3. mixed mode. Left side: amp output, right side DI output

I would especially love the third mode because it would allow you to record both signals in one pass. You would just create two mono tracks in your DAW and route the left and right sides accordingly.