Refine a profile

• As we all know the last step in the profiling process (after the automatic stuff) is by playing some guitar chords.
    At least do some videos and the manual ask us to play some simple chords - and that is not working for me.

I found during the creation of AxeFx II profiles that in some cases I prefer the AxeFx sound over the profile - even after a lot of 'refining'.

And even worse - in case I like the profile when I play chords - some profiles sound thin when I play higher single notes.

For whatever reason does the following procedure help to fix this problem.

1) profile
    2) press 'refine'
    3) Play for about 15 seconds some lead lines in about the 12 fret
    4) Play some basic chords for about 15 seconds
    5) Play some muted power chords (I use D-Bb-C-G)
    6) While the last power chord rings - press 'Finish'

This procedure was the only way to get the sound 'right' for both chords and high lead lines

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Seriously interesting,
    i also noticed that for soloing, the gain seriously goes down, not that the sound turns thin, but the way the amp react isn't like a real amp, there's less compression and the gain seems to be reduced. the sound seems "sucked" when "all the availiable power sould be concentrated" on the single note. It's even more noticable on fast playing.
    maybe, whenrefining, there should be a chord step, then a "play some single notes" step. This could help users.

• 5) Play some muted power chords (I use D-Bb-C-G)
    6) While the last power chord rings - press 'Finish'

I'm a little confused by the last bit in your "recipee".

What exactly do you mean by this?
    Do you mean to palm-mute (by placing your right hand at the bridge) those power chords (consisting of 2 notes)?

And then, while the last muted power chord rings (how can it ring if you palm-mute it?) to press the finish button?

• I'm a little confused by the last bit in your "recipee".

What exactly do you mean by this?
    Do you mean to palm-mute (by placing your right hand at the bridge) those power chords (consisting of 2 notes)?

And then, while the last muted power chord rings (how can it ring if you palm-mute it?) to press the finish button?

....and if it is palm muted with what should you press finish? The headstock? ...or are we supposed to play naked? 8|

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Play the muted power chords, don't mute the last power chord, whilst it's still sustaining press "Finish".

Seems logical to me that you should play lead lines all over the neck so the Kemper can pick up all the frequencies it needs for accuracy.

• Hi,

Please don't expect perfect profiles from the Axe.
    As we state in the Profiling Manual, modeling amps do not necessarily react as a real tube amp or analog derivates.
    So in the end there can be significant sound differences remaining, even after extensive refining.

With tube amps, refining is easily done by strumming chords and playing some hard pick attacks create maximum transients.

The Axe profiles that I hear are often very far away from the original, in terms of frequency responce and dynamics.

Please take this into consideration.
    Have fun!

Christoph Kemper