What are the benefits of using Kemper and Axe Fx together ?

• Hello happy Kempers, just as the title says, I would like to know the specific reasons why one would use both in a rig , they say Axe Fx has better effects. the Kemper effects sounds world class to me , any other reasons ? I have had the axe fx ultra and honestly the Kemper blows it right out of the water when it comes to amps. so... no offense to Axe Fx at all , which is a fantastic unit on its own. any input would be greatly appreciated. cheers. Ed

• Tough to say. It really depends on your use case. I think you have it right though. It's easier to find good effects with the AxeFX. The Kemper has fewer useful, rich sounding effects vs. the Axe...and you're just comparing against the Ultra. The newest AxeFX running the latest FW has even better sounding effects (and amp sims for that matter). To me though, I don't think it's worth the footprint of bringing both an AxeFX AND the kemper. What "might" be worth it is using the FX8 and treating the Kemper like a real, clean amp pedal platform. To me, I was fine giving up the Fractal effects because effects are not a core part of my sound. I just want to use one device and keep the footprint real small. I'm direct to board now 90% of the gigs I play.

• The AxeFx has way more effects and routing options - but the KPA effects get more and better as well.

I sold my AxeFx because I could not justify the price of some effects only.

Love the Kemper effects - has all I ever need.

May be different for an effect junkie.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• What are the benefits?

The Axefx makes a great stand to place the Kemper on of course.

Ha!. sorry could not resist a small joke!

The two have been used by many, as many prefer the axe for its variety of effects (it has many) - I have used it before purely for the spring reverb that is really nice. and will possibly continue to do so until Kemper release a nice spring!... (Comon guys) - and some use it in front of the stack in Kemper for the use of the Stomp Boxes on the axe, there really is no rule, and to be honest I personally think its overkill but if you have both.. then why the hell not!. - its all about fun at the end anwyay. so rock on!