Do not select Output Source page to adjust Master Volumes after soundcheck :)

• Last weekends gig had rigs on with long Reverb and stereo delay´s for huge sounding solo parts with clean/breakup sound.
    After the soundcheck the FOH sound engineer told me to turn downThe L/R signal down a bit, because he wanted more headroom on the input of his console.
    So I entered the Output menu and scrolled until I saw the master and monitor encoders beside each other and turned down what I thought was the Output volumes...
    I had huge reverb and delay in my DXR 10(connected to Monitor out) on stage during the concert, but I thought i did not sounded as huge as on the soundcheck.
    So I thought ok, I´m gonna check the multitrack recording of the gig tomorrow and see If I need to change the rev and delaymix settings.
    When I sat down and listen to the multitrack the next day,my guitar sound was bone dry....
    I have played a gig with no reverb or delay sent to FOH, just to my monitor.
    I checked the output soure menu, and that when I found out that In the stressed live situation I had chosed the wrong output page,
    Output Source instead of Output Volumes. I had changed the routing from L/R stereo master out, to Mod mono out before delay and reverb blocks
    The good part was the the bone dry guitar sound sat good in the mix, and better than the other guitarist with his Bogner Helios and 2x12 cab miked up with a ribbon mic.
    So I have learned to have a closer look at meny page before I turn the encoders. :)

Kemper Stage, KPA head, Remote, JH Audio Lola IEM, Shure PSM 900 wireless System, L-Acoustics 108P active FRFR monitor.

• The good part was the the bone dry guitar sound sat good in the mix, and better than the other guitarist with his Bogner Helios and 2x12 cab miked up with a ribbon mic.

Thanx for sharing!

Well, well. From a theoretical point of view the built-in reverb of a guitar amp was meant to emulate the "hall during a gig" - just for the small rehearsal room. During the gig the other guy had two reverbs, one in his amp, eventually clashing with the "hall" all of you were in and blended nicely together... :D And yes, Ingolf, less is very often more... :P However, the industry likes us to ignore this way too often...

Ne travaillez jamais.

• ;)
    So less is more?
    :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• If you create an output preset that reflects your typical live settings, you can name it with something obvious and with capital letters and asterisks or whatever, and then easily recall it as your last-stop move before a gig starts.

A way of being sure, if you like.

• I have made output preset, the problem was that i just edited it without knowing it... :)

Kemper Stage, KPA head, Remote, JH Audio Lola IEM, Shure PSM 900 wireless System, L-Acoustics 108P active FRFR monitor.

• Thanx for sharing!

Well, well. From a theoretical point of view the built-in reverb of a guitar amp was meant to emulate the "hall during a gig" - just for the small rehearsal room. During the gig the other guy had two reverbs, one in his amp, eventually clashing with the "hall" all of you were in and blended nicely together... :D And yes, Ingolf, less is very often more... :P However, the industry likes us to ignore this way too often...

The Big Reverb effect was ment to be used in a quiet sad blues song to make it sound exsterme huge and sad, kind like the intro of "Shine on you crazy diamond", but it ended up just sad... :)

• The Big Reverb effect was ment to be used in a quiet sad blues song to make it sound exsterme huge and sad, kind like the intro of "Shine on you crazy diamond", but it ended up just sad...

Damn, then this is a good example of the exception from the rule! ;)

Ne travaillez jamais.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That's it! :)