PowerRack or PowerHead?

• Subject says it all.

I'll be using I primarily in my studio for recording. It could potentially leave the studio VERY rarely, in which case I'd put it in a smaller rack.

Is there any functional difference between the head and rack versions? Maybe anything I haven't thought of?

Also - aside from cost, is there any compelling reason to NOT get the profiler w/ the power amp?

Thanks!

• If your asking wich one will fit inside your studio we probably cannot tell because we don't know your location and spaces. If you have free rackspace and the back of it is well accessible go for the rack-version. If you want to place the unit in different places depending on what your doing or who's playing it buy the toaster. Overall the toaster looks and feels more compact. The toaster has some more knobs on the front for direct changes an more of them have led rings. But the function is exactely the same, at the rack you just change the parameters of the "missing" knobs in the menu.
    The Amp has enough power for sure, the only point that some users state is that it's just mono and not stereo. But if you're not mainly using it for that but want to be flexible I think that's ok.

• I decided on the power rack because I always have the option of putting it in a rack if needed. If not, it sets on top of something just like the head. You could also put the head in a rack somehow, but it takes up more space. The 3U rack is a perfect size for either option imho. I don't think there is any real difference besides they layout?

Edited once, last by Nemo13 ().

• The Rack and PowerRacks are 3U high. Usually I like rackmount stuff but the Kemper Rack is quite large for a rackmount and regarding the much smaller Head. But obviously both has it's pros and cons

• I don't think there is any real difference besides they layout?

The only functional difference I can think of is the lack of LED indicators around the four mid-lower continuous pots (those assigned to Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence in the EQ block) in the rack version. I find them really useful in the toaster.

• Thanks guys. I'll probably go with the rack since it's fairly accessible in my studio, and I have a few extra spaces.

If, for some reason, I do end up needing a stereo power amp, i could always run the profiler line out to a power amp of my choice, right?

Thanks!