KPA Profiler Remote "To Buy or Not to Buy"

• Hey Guy's, While I'm waiting to get my Kemper back, I've been thinking about adding the foot pedal. But not sure if it is worth the price of admission, or can I live without it?? I know I can live without it, but should I ?(

• I know that I sure can't live without mine! If you already have another switching solution that works fine, maybe not worth it to invest more for the Remote. I haven't had a chance to use anything other than the Kemper Remote with my KPA so I can't compare it to anything else but i must say its absolutely vital to my performances now to toggle between all my profiles live!

• I don't have any foot control for the KPA, and would only want to match her with a Kemper controller. Just trying to weigh the pro's and con's of spending chunk of cheese, if it's no more that a switching device??

• Mine was worth every penny... Plus two mission kpa expression pedals...

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• While I'm not the biggest fan of the remote I still think it is the best and easiest controller for the Profiler, I'd buy it.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• If you just want to change rigs in performance/browser, take an old boss gt5 (80€) (i use a old Boss gt3 but there are only 4 swiths)

If you want to change rig and controling stomps or fx/wah : take a fcb1010 (the midi editor is very easy)

If you have some good pedals (post or pre ), take the G-Lab gsc4 cause there are pre and post loops (6) and it works with every midi stuffs and it's the same price than the kemper controler.

if you don't want to controle an other midi stuff, that you don't have pedal and that you don't want to configure your controler, take the kemper controler.

• My first plus I can think of for the kemper foot pedal is 1 cable. And not a flimsy one, a good solid one. The second is a nice big readable display that you don't have to lay on the floor to see. A small footprint. Not too little / too many footswitches. Made to work with the profiler. Built like a tank but not as heavy as one. That is good enough right there. Other ones are ok, but in the end I think it is worth the price since both the pedal and the unit work as one.

• Thanks Guy's!! I have a fcb1010 for my 11R but that whole rig will sold soon, to fund more gear, now looking like a KPA controller. Looks like way more on the plus side for the F.C. :thumbup:

• I have one, a Kemper remote, and I like it a lot but don´t use is for live gigs because I think that my crappy Behringer fcb1010 is more convenient on stage.( with Uno4Kemper chip)
    It has one stomp switch more and a integrated volume and wah pedal , doens´t have a big display, but I use my Power rack display .

Edited once, last by Dorrus ().

• I have one, a Kemper remote, and I like it a lot but don´t use is for live gigs because I think that my crappy Behringer fcb1010 is more convenient on stage.
    It has one stomp switch more and a integrated volume and wah pedal , doens´t have a big dsiplay, but I use my Power rack display .

Brother I'll have to try out my fcb1010 when my Kemper gets back home. Plus I'm more familiar with it as well!

• I don't care for the way the buttons are layed out. Thank goodness I don't use the looper I had to block the looper button from working.
    The kemper doesn't send CC's to external MIDI gear.

I think it would have been better to make all switches and LED's the same and allow us to program which does what

• I have the remote because It came as a bundle when I purchased my Kemper. I don't play out live so I haven't used it much. If you already have a Behringer FCB1010 and your going to sell your Eleven Rack you may be better off keeping the FCB1010 and just buying the Kemper chip. It will cost a lot less and you will have the two expression pedals.