Increase gain and volume at once?

• Hey guys,

I use my Kemper for live shows with the Behringer FCB1010 controller (uno4Kemper chip). When playing with the Kemper live, I would like to be able to press one stomp button and increase the gain and volume of a particular rig, at once.

If I switch on a tubescreamer, I get the gain boost I want, but the volume doesn't increase much at all. Alternatively, I can switch on a graphic EQ in the X slot with a volume boost, which increases the volume level but I don't get the gain boost like I do from the tubescreamer.

So my question is - is there a way to do both things at once by only pressing one stomp button? I can press the 2 separate buttons, but it can get complicated having to press 2 switches for every solo or lead break.

Thanks

• I don't think it can be done with a stomp button.

here are 2 alternatives :

• use an expression pedal setup in morph mode to adjust both gain and volume (you get the advantage of having all the pedal course instead of only two different settings)
    • set up a new rig from the original one with both gain and volume up and store it on a new rig, that's not ideal

the 1st option , morph, is great since you can adjust the dynamics of gain and volume while playing , by foot, just like a wah

• You can assign this morphing to a button tho.

Apart from morphing, an EQ after the amp will of course increase the rig's volume but not the amp distortion. Have you tried it in front of the amp?

• Cheers guys, yep I suspected there wouldn't be a way to do it with a single stomp.

I got through the last several shows just by boosting the volume for leads, if I really need more distortion I just press the second stomp.

Yes you can do this.
    Use CC16 to toggle effects on/off. So for example put "Green scream" in slot D and " pure boost" in slot X. Put the effects in the off state (push each effect slot ) leave the unused slots as empty. Then program your switch on your pedal board to send CC16. So now when you hit the button it will toggle effect slots on or off all at once.
    You could set up two different gains and volumes by putting then in different slots with a different on/off state.

The other way is to use a switch to morph to the gain and volume you want. All with on button push.

you have options.

• Hi Drog, thanks for the reply and sorry for my delay in responding.

The CC16 method may not really work for me, since I have my rigs all set up with a chorus, delay and phaser/alternate effect. So I wouldn't want to switch all of those effects on at once.

The morph option sounds like a good choice, I'll look into it - I wasn't aware you could morph with a button push, I thought you had to use an expression pedal

Jesse