RM 1.6.26 not finding Kemper (Solved)

• I've been using RM since its initial release and never had an issue. Using the automatic update within RM, I updated to 1.6.26.12403 and the Kemper disappeared. I can see all my rigs stored within RM and can see RE which updates upon startup. Just no Kemper. I am running Windows 10 and Kemper OS 4.0.6.12337. It seems like the driver for the Kemper doesn't load as I don't hear the audible sound when I start-up the Kemper. I went to Task Manager and did the repair on RM. No change. I deleted RM and then reloaded RM. No change. I've restarted the PC and the Kemper several times. No change. I've checked the Windows updater and it says I'm up to date.

Any other troubleshooting ideas?

@deadpan - I see in a different thread you had a similar issue and fixed it. Is my problem similar to what you experienced? If so, can you provide details on how you resolved your issue?

• Solved. :thumbup:

It's hard for me to understand, but the USB cable is the cause. Neither the computer nor the Kemper was moved. The cable is strapped down where it can't move or be disturbed either. Lesson for me .. even though it seems improbable for the cable to have gone bad just sitting there, it did. Note to self: look for the simple (although improbable) things first.