Profile requests

• Sorry shegp - tried to send you a PM but it didn't work.

I love the AFD profiles you did and a tweaked version of one of those is my main sound which I couldn't be happier with.

The other day I was trying to nail that "sweet child of mine" intro sound.
    I realise that it is probably my guitar, as I'm using a Strat with dual humbuckers and not a LP - but I'm really not getting close to that sound on the record. So anyways, just wanted to ask if you had any insights on how to get there 100% and if an LP with the neck Alnico2Pro is a key element of this sound (as I always thought it was actually the amp).
    Do you get there with the existing profiles of the AFD?

• Sorry shegp - tried to send you a PM but it didn't work.

I love the AFD profiles you did and a tweaked version of one of those is my main sound which I couldn't be happier with.

The other day I was trying to nail that "sweet child of mine" intro sound.
    I realise that it is probably my guitar, as I'm using a Strat with dual humbuckers and not a LP - but I'm really not getting close to that sound on the record. So anyways, just wanted to ask if you had any insights on how to get there 100% and if an LP with the neck Alnico2Pro is a key element of this sound (as I always thought it was actually the amp).
    Do you get there with the existing profiles of the AFD?

Ive got a slash guitar with alnico pro 1s in the neck and bridge. Slightly lower output than the 2s.
    Will spend some time over the weekend going for 'that' tone and profile it.
    The profiles I did were at the settings Slash used at one of his world tour gigs with the afd100 (Photo of his amp found on the web).
    I will also do a profile of the ±34 mode of the afd100.
    Just as a matter of interest, are you using the 'cab' it was profiled with (a palmer PDI03) or another one from the KPA.?
    Ive been loving TillS 2 mic 2 profile with it.

• Right now I'm using the Palmer that your profile came with as it sounds really good to me.
    I will try Tills over the weekend though.

Appreciate it very much you trying to profile it this way. Please don't bother if it is too much trouble.

This is another sound of Slash I'm trying to nail:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWk8rPzseLg

If you can get close let me know how. Again if it is too much trouble don't bother. Thanks yet again

• dont forget some reverb if you want to sound like the recorded sweet child intro ;)

+1.

You're gonna need some reverb, some nice analog delay, neck hum-bucker with the tone control down about halfway.

• dont forget some reverb if you want to sound like the recorded sweet child intro ;)

+1.
    You're gonna need some reverb, some nice analog delay, neck hum-bucker with the tone control down about halfway.

Thanks for the tips.
    I had a Les Paul with an Alnico2Pro set a few years ago - and coudn't get the Slash tone for the life of me on that guitar (tone control rolled back and everything).
    Of course, back then I only had a PodX3 and I'm sure that was the culprit.
    So I was sure that it is actually the amp that gives that Slash tone.

Now I get a great tone with the AFD profiles - no question. As a matter of fact it is the best tone I have gotten ever.
    But I cannot get the intro sound of that song right. (I don't have that LP anymore. Now it is a dual humbucking Strat). Reverb, Delay etc. tried.

The "Sweet Child of mine" sound on the record sounds more "flutey" or "hollow".
    I get a thick, meaty sound with the AFD profiles.

• My wishlist for some profiling are

Krankenstein+ and/or
    Krank Rev+

Would be really make me going crazy to have some good profiles of this ones!

8):D

• 65amps would be nice too. I also miss my THD Bivalve..so if anyone could profile one of those, I'd be very happy

65amps London is on the new amp list on the Kemper FB page...is it new or just hiding between the Factory rigs?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff