When to use Studio v Merged profiles?

• Can somebody explain to me exactly what's going on there?

I have all of the Tim Owens BrownEye and Dirty Shirley profiles and to me there is a difference between Studio and Merged. I run in-ears 80% of the time, and the rest of the time I have a 1x12 on stage but I always just send the full profile to FOH, never mic the cab. Studio is probably what I should be using, right?

• I use his DS direct profiles thru a 1 X 12" git cab . it's the best Marshall type profile I could find
    to use w a git. cab.
    (You prob. know you have to grab these direct profiles from his website, they're not on the exchange.)

• Merged Profiles: best option if you want to use Guitar cabinets or you come from a platform where you've been using Impulse Responses (AXE FX Helix,etc.) . Also if you want to swap cabinets between Profiles if both profiles are merged swapping cabinets should be more authentic.
    This is also Ideal for someone who has a rare expensive amp/head and still wants to get the amp in the room sound on stage and everywhere else, he/she can profile that amp and use the merged profiles onstage with a similar speaker to get the amp in the room and also send the whole Profile to FOH.

Studio Profiles: if you don't care for swapping cabinets and you know you will be using FRFR.