Output turned to mud after a show

• I've sent a support ticket but they wont open for a bit, putting it out here in case anyone has ideas (and to vent about my bad day)

Major wall leak above my Kemper at a show yesterday, only a little water made it to the bottom of the rack. Lost a lot of highs and seemed to gain bottom end. Tried different cables, guitars and outputs but all the same. Did a restore, same problem. Letting it dry out some more and waiting for support to clock in. I guess that's all I can do, this sucks!

• Support will undoubtedly say send it in since it got wet.
    Chances are no settings are going to fix it. Water usually means hardware damage.
    On a rare occasion it could come back but you could end up with an unreliable device.

• In my experience with electronic devices clean water has only been an issue until it has evaporated. I'm guessing this is because it has very-low conductive potential (especially if distilled or rainwater), unlike salt water, which is practically a liquid wire. Coffee and Coke leave sticky residues, so you're lucky it was only water.

Generally speaking there can't be too many components (none that I know of, but I'm no technician) that absorb water, at least in the timeframe it takes for drained devices' droplets to evaporate. A gentle stream of air from a hair dryer has saved many a skin in this situation, but I'm not going to recommend you do this with the Kemper 'cause the thought might freak the K-Team™ out.

In light of this, you could try placing the unit in a breezy spot out of sunlight 'til the moisture, which I reckon will only be droplets, evaporates.

Good luck, Booyah!

• Thanks all! It's still under warranty yay! Can't find much detail on Kempers warranty online, I'm sure there are disclaimers. but It worked fine for 3 hours after the incident (4 different bands used it during a benefit we did) so I assumed all my gear was good to go. Only found the problem when I fired it up today. It's home airing out for a few days just in case that helps, if not off she goes.

In light of this, you could try placing the unit in a breezy spot out of sunlight 'til the moisture, which I reckon will only be droplets, evaporates.

Good luck, Booyah!

Good advice, I had a phone that won't even start after it fell in a puddle of water in the rain. After putting in the dashboard of the car for a couple of hours (one sunny day) it came back to life. Your suggestion is good as it doesn't involve heating in the sun but gentle drying in mild air.