Greetings from Sweden!

• Thanks och tack!

The "tone snob" friends I have have actually been positively surprised. Sure, there's always some caveat like "it sounds great but doesn't really feel right" but my guess that's just the feel of listening through studio monitors rather than sitting by the amp and speaker. Takes some getting used to I guess.
    I'll be sure ask them about how important the feel is when they're carrying 50 kg of gear up and down the stage. :D

Admittedly I was always one of those "tone snobs". You hit the nail on the head about feel, that's why I purchased my kemper with the optional power amp. The feel of a speaker cone pushing air, the ambience of the room, and interacting with the pure physicality of it all is a big thing to deal with when going digital and it was a struggle for me for quite a while. I just kept repeating to myself again and again that while the feel may be off the sound that is going out the mains is extraordinarily true. Unfortunately for me going digital hasn't meant going on a gear weight diet. My rack is 100lbs (10 spaces of pure joy and storage) and my pedal board weighs about half of what my analog board weighed, but this case doesn't have rollers. Who knew a midi controller and a couple of expression pedals weighed so much...

Ummm...yeah...