Reamping Issues (Audient iD22 SPDIF)

• Hi,

I have some problems regarding reamping thru the Kemper using SPDIF.

My Setup is the following:

Pro Tools 10.3.10 (Windows 7), Audient iD22 Interface, Kemper (4.0.6.12337)

My Interface has no SPDIF Connections but it has ADAT. That's why I use 2 Lindy Converter which are doing the Job.

The Problem I am having right now is that I can't get the setup to work 100% correctly. I can reamp using SPDIF but my recorded Signal never starts at the same point. I reamped the same signal about 10 times and none of the recorded signal started at the same position. There were somtimes differences up to 24 Samples. I alligned the Signal so everything starts at the exact same position. Then I played to signals which I recorded and flipped the phase on one of them to see if I always get the exact same Signal. But after doing that I get some strange results. Sometimes there is a Stuttering white Noise (seems to be in sync with the Tempo of the Song) and sometimes there is white Noise which returns to a Signal where you can hear the actual Riff again I was playing.
    It may have something to do with the Clock Settings but when I switch the Audient Interface from Internal to Optical then the Signal from Pro Tools isn't send out to the Kemper anymore.

I hope somebody can help me out and understands what I am trying to describe. Maybe I could upload some soundfiles later on.

Heavy Greetz

• Try enabling "constant latency" on the Kemper - I believe it is in the System menu.

I tried it with the Constant Latency turned off, even restarted the Kemper. But that didn't help. Maybe it's an issue with the Converters which are making the ADAT into SPDIF and Vice Versa. I would like to hear about somebody who os reamping completely digital if it is possible to get the same exact signal each time when recording the same signal a few times.

Next I will try to change the Settings from the Pro Tools Delay Compensation. And if this doesn't work I may contact the Audient Support and ask if they can help.

Heavy Greetz

• you need to make sure that Profiler is the clock master to your PT rig or alternatively perform a sampling rate conversion on the input of your sound card.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• you need to make sure that Profiler is the clock master to your PT rig or alternatively perform a sampling rate conversion on the input of your sound card.

It seems that I can't tell my Rig to do that without refusing it to work properly. I guess I had to change the Word Clock in the Settings for the Audio Interface, right? There are two Options for the Clock Source. Internal and Optical. When using Internal I can reamp but I get the issues that the recorded tracks are never the same. When I switch to Optical there is no Signal getting to the Kemper and all that without changing any settings regarding to the outputs.

I uploaded 3 Tracks to show you where my Problem is and what is bothering me.

https://www.sendspace.com/file…3qTwYrvEDrqlkAfA%2FFHRvvJ

Heavy Greetz

• SOUND CARD Recommendations to NEED OF A KIND not DECISION GIVEN ( COMPATIBLE WITH COMFORTABLE AND GOOD PERFORMANCE SOUND CARD I NEED ADVICE YES )