Rig Manager 1.6 Beta 3

• The "Provide Rig Manager Feedback" option doesn't work for me. Just gives me a blank tab on Chrome.

I updated my Profiler using the Rig Manager for the first time and that pop-up window that you get from Rig Manager is always on the front, which I find annoying. I'm lucky to have a dual monitor set-up, so I can shove it in a corner, but it would be nice if it was possible to minimize that little window.

I'd have checking for beta updates checked off by default, by the way. I'm not too fond of beta software on my profiler for consistency reasons and I'd be pretty bummed if my Profiler updated to a beta version automatically even though I've never checked that option. Or make it very clear in the update window that it's a beta version.

• The "Provide Rig Manager Feedback" option doesn't work for me. Just gives me a blank tab on Chrome.

it does not work if you don't have an email client installed which opens on request by windows to create a mail.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I updated my Profiler using the Rig Manager for the first time and that pop-up window that you get from Rig Manager is always on the front, which I find annoying. I'm lucky to have a dual monitor set-up, so I can shove it in a corner, but it would be nice if it was possible to minimize that little window.

the window does not need to stay on top of the other windows.

I'd have checking for beta updates checked off by default, by the way. I'm not too fond of beta software on my profiler for consistency reasons and I'd be pretty bummed if my Profiler updated to a beta version automatically even though I've never checked that option. Or make it very clear in the update window that it's a beta version.

the window makes that clear by stating it is a beta version.

• Away from my profiler for several weeks. Fired up RM and my profiler. It let me know there was a more recent RM version. Clicked to let it install and shortly had the newer version running. No issues. After RM reboot, it told me there was a newer beta version available for the profiler. After clicking to install it, the profiler started to update. A few minutes later, the profiler was updated to the latest beta. No issues.

Thanks Kemper team. The updates were simple to install and let me decide if I wanted them. Big improvement in not having to use the memory stick. :thumbup:

• Ya, very SLICK NEW UPDATES! Thanks. Great work, feels like my Kemper is what it should have always been as the top/pinnacle of technology thanks to RM changes and nice updating features.

• the window does not need to stay on top of the other windows.

the window makes that clear by stating it is a beta version.

It was impossible for me to have another window on top of it, was what I meant. Can't replicate now, but I'll make sure to report back on the next update.

Wasn't sure about the beta version thing, but I thought I'd mention it either way. :)

• beta testers should have a new version available for download 1.6.33). let us know how it works for you.
    thanks!

Installed on Windows 10 and no glitches so far. Also had no glitches with previous 1.6.32. Anything I should concentrate on in particular? Search works with instant results.

• Here is a little bit of feedback from some work I did today:

RM Version 1.6.27 (12435)
    Mac OS 10.7.5

1) Upon booting up RM, it notified me there was a newer version of the Profiler software available and asked me if I wanted to install. I said yes and all went smoothly, albiet it does take a few minutes to go through and check everything - but checking ever thing is a good thing and I am not complaining. It would be nice for a gentle reminder on that screen that the system will reboot itself and that you may want to turn your speakers off or disconnect them first as it does make a bit of digital noise/popping/crackling and I, uh, had my monitors cranked... :D

I created about 8 or 9 performances and was little bit confounded and annoyed at first because after creating a new performance, and then opening a new window to drag and drop the rigs into the new performance, you can't just click on the next empty slot to create a new performance. For whatever reason(s), I had to close the rig window, click on the rigs (left hand navigator) and then back on performances under My Profiler before it would let me create a new performance. I also noticed that it did not appear to send the new name of the performance to the profiler - or at least the new name did not show up on the profiler no matter how long I waited. I had to double click on a different performance, get it to load, go back to the newly renamed performance, double click on it and then it would load peoperly.

Once I figured it out, my workflow was:

• Open window (only once, original time)

• Click on 'My Profiler' under performances on the left.

• Scroll down to an empty performance and select it.

• Go to the File Menu and choose 'Create New Performance'.

• Click on the New Peformance again to select it.
    • Open new window.

• Drag & drop individual rigs into each of the slots

• Rename the Performance

• Click on another performance to fully load it on the profiler

• Click on the new one again to see it fully loaded on the profiles.

Dragging and dropping, re-ordering, etc. for the individual slots worked fine. Hope this helps. Some of the above I had to go through seemed a bit counter-intuitive and added what I would call 'extra steps', but once I figured it out it went smoothly and without problem.

• Interestingly enough, while I was typing the above, I went to open RM and check some stuff and it prompted me to update to Version 1.6.33 (12479) which it didn't do earlier. Not sure if that was because it wasn't available or it can only perform one software upgrade (Profiler earlier) each time it opens?

• Thanks for the information, I'm on Windows 10 and have a similar problem, sounds the same, but when I select a slot in RM, the profiler doesn't change , I have to scroll to the correct slot by hand.

• Thanks for the information, I'm on Windows 10 and have a similar problem, sounds the same, but when I select a slot in RM, the profiler doesn't change , I have to scroll to the correct slot by hand.

the slot only changes when you load something into it. selecting a slot in Rig Manager does result in Profiler showing the same slot.

• I've installed the beta version at the weekend on my Mac Book Pro. Everything went well and the RM was updated to it's last version. But I've got a little problem. I've connected it to my Kemper and jumped through some profiles with the preview function. Than I played a little bit and the notebook went to it's energy saving mode. I've switched the Kemper from Browser to Performance Mode and the Kemper freezes. Nothings happens. The last sound in Browser Mode stayed active and I could play but the Kemper didn't react to anything.
    I switched the Kemper off and it took it about one or two minutes but than it turned off. I could reproduce this behaviour two times more but only with the Notebook connected and when it went to it's energy saving mode.

• the slot only changes when you load something into it. selecting a slot in Rig Manager does result in Profiler showing the same slot.

Thanks G String, the slots were fully loaded, so when I double click on a slot with a rig in it , shouldn't it then switch to that rig on the profiler?

• Thanks G String, the slots were fully loaded, so when I double click on a slot with a rig in it , shouldn't it then switch to that rig on the profiler

as long as you edit/preview a performance which is located in your Profiler instead of the Local Library it seems to work fine. But there is something which needs to be addressed once you work in the Local Library. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

• I've installed the beta version at the weekend on my Mac Book Pro. Everything went well and the RM was updated to it's last version. But I've got a little problem. I've connected it to my Kemper and jumped through some profiles with the preview function. Than I played a little bit and the notebook went to it's energy saving mode. I've switched the Kemper from Browser to Performance Mode and the Kemper freezes. Nothings happens. The last sound in Browser Mode stayed active and I could play but the Kemper didn't react to anything.
    I switched the Kemper off and it took it about one or two minutes but than it turned off. I could reproduce this behaviour two times more but only with the Notebook connected and when it went to it's energy saving mode.

This is a known issue that has been documented in a thread here before. I don't believe there's a solution, other than to turn off energy saving while running Rig Manager with your profiler hooked up.

• This is a known issue that has been documented in a thread here before. I don't believe there's a solution, other than to turn off energy saving while running Rig Manager with your profiler hooked up.

no, i can switch to sleep mode fine without loosing the connection. if you have this problem, which MacOS are you using?

• Yosemite (can't remember if that's 10.10 or 10.9...?).
    Having said that, I have only experienced it once a fair while back, as ever since I've had the power saving settings switched off.