Profiling an EF86 Amp

• Quick question for you guys,
    I have an amp with an EF86 channel (Vox AC15H1TV). I really want to profile the EF86 channel because it has a glorious smooth distortion when cranked (unfortunately my neighbors don't feel the same way).

From what I understand the EF86 tube is a pentode tube that does not distort, so I assume all the distortion I get is from the power amp. From my readings of the Kemper Profiling Guide it says something about power amp distortion not compatible with the profiler.

Has anyone had experience profiling an EF86 channel and how did it sound?

Thanks,
    Jen

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools
    But that's the way I like it baby
    I don't wanna live forever

• I used to have the same amp.
    And there are already some good profiles of it in the RE.
    Look for the author 'Hays'.

Cool so it's definitely doable, I will check them out, hopefully there is a high gain one. I still want to profile mine out of curiosity and to see if sounds much different with different tubes.

• Yes- profile your amp, too. Tubes, knob settings, mic selection and placement all make a difference.

Checked the Rig Exchange and most HAYS profiles are the Top Boost channel. There were only 2 of channel 1 (which I'm assuming is EF86) and they were fairly clean sounding. I want the EF86 channel in all its glory cranked to smooth distortion!

Will let you know when I get the profile done properly.