Bass player wants to go to Kemper.

• Oh, I remember it well, mate.

Fantastic news! This is the Kemper we know and love, mate.

Brrrrrr!!! Not so good...
    I've doing some test with overdriven sounds and two different amps.

Clean amp -> spot on
    Overdriven amp -> 5-6 db of difference below 80-90 Hz

I'll send the results through the ticket I opened.

• I've tried this SVR profile with an ampeg 610hlf (bass cab).
    There's something strange in this profile... lack of low end (even If I use EQ) and a lot of mid/treb sound...

Strange... It's a Direct Amp profile and should work well with a bass cab. This is how it sound with a miced cab. The volume of the bass is high in the mix so you can hear it better. It's setup to be played with a pick and it's a bright sound.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…Test%20profile%20bajo.wav

I've uploaded an SVT PRO. Probably this would work better for you. No bright settings and almost flat eq.

How are you using the rest of bass profiles? Are you switching off the cab for using them with a bass cab?

Edited 5 times, last by pacocito ().

• I created a thread to talk about lost low end frequencies on the Kemper here Lost low frequencies...?

Apparently there is nothing anormal, something that we have to focus is the way of profils has be made, for example, lots of profils use a mic like SM57, but it's a cheaty mic for make a good bass profil, to much low end lost, I'll never buy a profils when I see an SM57, if I see a bass profil using an MD421, it's become more interesting, we have to know that.

• I created a thread to talk about lost low end frequencies on the Kemper here Lost low frequencies...?

Apparently there is nothing anormal, something that we have to focus is the way of profils has be made, for example, lots of profils use a mic like SM57, but it's a cheaty mic for make a good bass profil, to much low end lost, I'll never buy a profils when I see an SM57, if I see a bass profil using an MD421, it's become more interesting, we have to know that.

No matter what mic I use, I always lost some low frequencies in the profiles.

• Apparently there is nothing anormal, something that we have to focus is the way of profils has be made, for example, lots of profils use a mic like SM57, but it's a cheaty mic for make a good bass profil, to much low end lost...

True. Not an appropriate mic for bass unless it's for colour-blending with a full-range source such as a DI signal.

The thing is, as far as this low-frequency loss is concerned, that regardless of the mic used when Profiling, if low frequencies are lost, they're lost. It's all relative.

• True. Not an appropriate mic for bass unless it's for colour-blending with a full-range source such as a DI signal.
    The thing is, as far as this low-frequency loss is concerned, that regardless of the mic used when Profiling, if low frequencies are lost, they're lost. It's all relative.

Exactly. If a profile lacks low end, that should mean that the profile lacks low end compared to the "real" identical signal path.