Save button for Rig Manager

• Yep, IME a system reset solves a number of hiccups and covers a larger variety of issues than what officially stated.

a reset doesn't do anything but initializing global parameters to their default values. and a restart has nothing to do with a reset. we have stated this multiple times. there is no magic to it. i don't comprehend why you don't accept this simple fact.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Because of what I said G String: it has solved a lot of issues on my system, specially when Support was unable to replicate them (as it seems to be the case here).
    Don't take me wrong, I'm not saying that the SR does more than initializing global parameters to their default values: I'm saying that the effects this action determines are wide and can fix several issues.
    Not sure what you mean with "a restart has nothing to do with a reset", I of course know this. What I was trying to convey (and maybe failed to given a poor English) is that, since a Profiler seems to keep more parameters in memory than a traditional computer when switched off, a restart is not enough to achieve the same results as a reset.

Also wondering about the statement that "there is no magic to it": where did you get the impression I'm invoking some magic? What I wrote is that a SR has been solving a lot of issues in the years. I (of course!) accept the fact that its effectiveness relies on what it does to global parameters. I just note that this seems to fix more issues than what it is supposed to fix.
    I can just suppose that many little things Support can't reproduce (and that have been fixed by a SR) are related to global parameters.

Anyway, I'm just trying to be of help. It seems that a SR solved the issue in this case :)

• right, what global params could the op have changed, such that the system reset solved his issue? It seems there may be more to it - either global params getting assigned invalid values and causing bugs, or something else. Its certainly worth trying when all else fails given the number of cases where it has fixed mysterious issues.

• right, what global params could the op have changed, such that the system reset solved his issue? It seems there may be more to it - either global params getting assigned invalid values and causing bugs, or something else. Its certainly worth trying when all else fails given the number of cases where it has fixed mysterious issues.

we will never find out because they're all initialized now ...

i don't believe that there are mysterious things going on. we just never get to the real reasons because the evidence is destroyed beforehand. and frankly, a reset is a bit like recommending penicilline when you have a mild cold.

see, the issue here is that many don't necessarily understand that resetting means that all the other user options set are gone as well. this might not be an issue for power users but certainly it is for somebody who doesn't remember how he configured his Profiler when he received it first.

• see, the issue here is that many don't necessarily understand that resetting means that all the other user options set are gone as well. this might not be an issue for power users but certainly it is for somebody who doesn't remember how he configured his Profiler when he received it first.

I keep a text file of all my settings, menu-by-menu and page-by-page.

Can't go wrong with this OCD-like backup approach.

• we just never get to the real reasons because the evidence is destroyed beforehand. and frankly, a reset is a bit like recommending penicilline when you have a mild cold.

Right. But what if Support state they can't reproduce the user's issue, even after receiving their backups? It has happened...

• Right. But what if Support state they can't reproduce the user's issue, even after receiving their backups? It has happened...

both our support and our programmer would appreciate if a reset wouldn't be one of things recommended first.

• both our support and our programmer would appreciate if a reset wouldn't be one of things recommended first.

Yep, makes sense.

On a general note, many users (my experience is limited to Italy, but I'm sure this happens all over the world) are unable to contact Support because of a language barrier.
    On the Italian Kemper FB group many members experiencing issues contact me asking for help. After having thought about the most obvious things, often there's not much left to advise about. This is true for me as well as other long-term users (of course those who ask for help are aware that they are just asking other users).

We should IMO realize that once an entity becomes "popular" (whatever this means) it ceases to belong to a restricted group of people, and becomes "of everyone". As such, it gets elaborated and somehow "manipulated" in ways that can be quite far from what the "original owner".
    Imagine a world where people do not speak English nor German nor Japanese... and imagine them inventing an ecosystem on their own... this is what there's out there, and it's much bigger than what's perceivable among the reassuring, orderly and neat boundaries of this forum.

• not wishing to stir the pot here boys,
    In my case, I had a problem, I contacted support with a full back up, I then got the response, we can't duplicate your fault, I was given no other information or instructions,
    So essentially, I was left to work it out on my own.
    Gianfranco then suggested a SR,
    It worked, I was grateful.
    If Kemper HQ had suggested anything at all, I would have tried that first.
    Again, this is not meant to upset anyone, it was just my experience.

• On a general note, many users (my experience is limited to Italy, but I'm sure this happens all over the world) are unable to contact Support because of a language barrier.

we have an Italian distributor and they have a hotline who's happy to assist. there is absolutely no reason why italian speaking profiler users cannot get support from company representatives. details can be found here:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/de…nd-distributors/107/Italy

of course there are countries we have language barriers with. but if you look at the demographics of our users bases you can get the impression that our support can cover well over 90%

• Still, there seems to be something wierd with the performances - especially in connection with the RM.
    Recently I set up a performance with only three rigs (only mainly volume variations of "Acoustic C"). Looked good in the RM, looked good in the profiler.
    But as soon as I switched to slot three with the remote, I got a crunch sound, which is probably slot three in another preformance... RM still showed the correct rig. Dont know anymore, what the kemper showed... damn.
    Worked several times like this.
    Dont know anymore, how I got over this, but finally it does as it should. Have not made a SR right now, so if anyone is interested in some files of my profiler, please tell me how I save them and you will get them...