Welagen Steel String Singer Profiles

• FWIW, I'm working 7x12hr nights every other week and was out of town for my last week off. So I'm having to catch up with the kids for a few hours when I'm off and then everyone's in bed. And profiling the Welagen sounds like we're on a battlefield. So I'll definitely get back to it soon, just bad timing with my work schedule and will get at it again ASAP.

• Another failed attempt this morning. I tried using an XLR to 1/4" for the return on the Kemper and played with both the db and the gain. I found it a bit weird that the gain started out around 10 o' clock and I backed it off about half, but after the profiling was done the gain was at zero (or no lights lit up on the gain knob). So there's no way to back the gain off post profiling. Also the db was around -33 when starting out. I kept getting an error that no amp was connected until I brought it to around -6. The profiling completes, I go to refine (which doesn't appear to do anything at all) and then play with the profile only to find the same clipping. I also think it's kind of silly that when switching between reference amp and Kemper amp, both the Welagen and the CLR continue to play. Kind of defeats the purpose. Anyway, no progress and it's pretty frustrating lugging this crap around to get everything hooked up and getting nowhere with it. It would also be nice if the DI box performed some sort of attenuation. The amp needs to be ridiculously loud for the Kemper to pick it up which doesn't make the process any easier. I can't imagine what the neighbors think of it. I might give the mic a try later when the urge to smash everything wears off.

• alphaking

i just found your profiles and wanted to say thanks for all of your hard work and for sharing. after some simple tweaking, i am getting some terrific tones from these.

i have had my kemper for a few months now and love it.

brian