Welagen Steel String Singer Profiles

• Sorry to leave everybody hanging, I've just been incredibly busy lately with work and family and haven't had the time. (It also doesn't help that the profiling is ridiculously loud through the EVM12's when capturing it). I'll redo the profiles this Saturday morning with lower input gain, and will also add profiles for the FET input. So check back Saturday afternoon, and hopefully I'll get this clipping thing taken care of.
    Chris

• Ok everyone.. A few changes this time. The first one I did was Welagen SSS NOR - This was at like -20db, vs the default -16db. After it was done, I let the other 2 run at -16db. I left the reverb off of all of them, and I left all of the tone parameters flat so that you can all choose your own and not be locked into my setup. You can add reverb, delay, customize whatever you want without them being colored by my own personal settings. They're just the straight tone of the amp with no adjustments. I also ran the "Refine" on all 3 of these, and played quite a bit while they ran. I will add that when I set the tone parameters on my own profiles, I still got some clipping when I strummed hard and had the treble/presence up high. It wasn't nearly as bad as before, but I'm just not enough of a Kemper profiling wizard to make them flawless. I did spend a good amount of time trying to get them right, but I just wanted to mention the slight clipping as I don't know what else to check and am at a loss. I played with the amp volume (master) at a reasonable level and the main volume not TOO high. I also added the FET input as a separate profile. This one is perfect for Little Wing and a little more juice/liveliness on the patch. I only played with the patches a little bit before posting as I know you've all been waiting patiently (appreciate that). So I'm not sure how well it will capture the amps ability to get dirty with pick attack and stay clean without. I'm looking forward to hearing feedback and opinions from you all, even suggestions for future profiles. But I'm pretty confident you will be much happier with these than the last bunch. Enjoy, and let me know what you think when you get a chance to try em out!
    Chris

• I've done a few clips with the last batch, pretty killer amp & profiles , I really dig this one :)

check this collection of clips @1:04

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

no mix tricks or EQ , just bare SPDIFF takes :)

• Sounds great waraba! Glad you're enjoying it, and thanks for sharing the clips!
    Chris

• Sounds great waraba! Glad you're enjoying it, and thanks for sharing the clips!Chris

Those clips sound FANTASTIC. Curious what your settings are and if there's anything you had to change to alleviate the clipping issue? Maybe it's something on my setup that's making it happen?

• Those clips sound FANTASTIC. Curious what your settings are and if there's anything you had to change to alleviate the clipping issue? Maybe it's something on my setup that's making it happen?

Hello, I avoid any clipping since I dial up my clean sense low pretty low and I also adjust my guit tone and volume around 6/8 to get the tone I need. I also use P90 pickups on my hollow and play mostly without a pick , it gives a smooth tone and lots of control on my dynamics & I also avoid very strong attacks on cleans, while I abuse strong attacks on distorted tones.

FYI The Welagen clip was played on mid position on my Ibanez artist (semi hollow), and features some natural double tracking as you can hear the 2nd track going on, this gives a lot of space with the stereo feel, the small solo part was played on the neck pick to give more separation/difference in the tones.

• Sure @thewordking, just turn your "Volume" control down to about "-10db". Stops the clipping...

Hello, I avoid any clipping since I dial up my clean sense low pretty low and I also adjust my guit tone and volume around 6/8 to get the tone I need. I also use P90 pickups on my hollow and play mostly without a pick , it gives a smooth tone and lots of control on my dynamics & I also avoid very strong attacks on cleans, while I abuse strong attacks on distorted tones.
    FYI The Welagen clip was played on mid position on my Ibanez artist (semi hollow), and features some natural double tracking as you can hear the 2nd track going on, this gives a lot of space with the stereo feel, the small solo part was played on the neck pick to give more separation/difference in the tones.

Thanks, guys. I'll give both of those a shot. I've been playing low output single coils so I've never messed with the input sensitivity.

• Glad to hear people are getting it working well. I'm still going to experiment and keep posting (time permitting). I'm also curious if running the refine while playing a guitar with humbuckers would help at all or make no difference.. I've been using the strat with Klein Jazzy Cats every time. Also, is it worse on the NOR, FET or same on both?

And another sidetracked thought I had... if Kemper were to put out an update in which the signal played through the amp during profiling changed in volume/amplitude and not just frequency, would the KPA be able to pick up on those little nuances like tube break up from a stronger pick attack, or being on the verge of break up with some control in your hand/playing technique? I'd be curious if it could then pick up on that threshold of when it starts to get dirty and store it as part of the profile as well? (Maybe it already does and I haven't played it enough..)

Just had one of those ?( thoughts...

Anyway, keep the comments coming and suggestions/parameters I might tweak during the profiling process to help alleviate the clipping everyone is experiencing.

I hope to do the Two Rock CRS v2 soon and post those as well, but I'd like to get this figured out first. Sounds like it's getting slightly better though..
    Chris