Andertons video: Kemper vs tube amp blind test

• This should be fun !

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Chappers proved a great ear (fingers!?) to detect the Kemper vs the real thing, but as he claimed, only when he was playing, not while just listening. Anyway, they all seemed to have great fun. And those guys from Old-Britain-Amp-Land showed greatest respect for Old.Germany-Car-Land.

Funny enough: Some time later they had a guy from L6 presenting and playing the Helix. He was very sales-man-like and tried to argument against "this other amp". So the Captain interrupted him quite rude and said something like: "Excuse me, but it seems you are talking about the Kemper now. You should know that we all love it."

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Well they got it all wrong, didn't they?

Oh sorry, you are right, I referred to another video - where they actually profiled their own amps. In that video Chappers was doing the refinement playing during profiling and he was right 3 times out of 3. Here it comes...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Actually I didn't like their profiles as I didn't like the fender amp they used in this video and I thought they sounded different anyway, although I preferred the kemper...... and the results were good! What if they use some very well profiled sounds???

I agree with Lee at 24:08

• Oh sorry, you are right, I referred to another video - where they actually profiled their own amps. In that video Chappers was doing the refinement playing during profiling and he was right 3 times out of 3. Here it comes...

To be fair, that video is 3 years old. Lots has changed with the Kemper since.

I'm really happy that they tried it out and were wrong. I remember Chappers saying no modeller ever came close to the real deal for him about a year ago and thought he'd have to play a Kemper again. Great showing for the Kemper in that test.

• To be fair, that video is 3 years old. Lots has changed with the Kemper since.

AFAIK apart from the low frequency compensation a while ago nothing has changed.
    The only difference is that people now understand better what the Profiler does.
    Playing through a real cab helped a great deal as well, especially for the more conservative Mr. Chapman. ;)

• Not saying they are being dishonest with their opinions but it seems like a big commercial. Taking a product you sell and making it seem as though it's the best thing since sliced bread. Don't get me wrong , I love my Kemper, but this is an advertisment to sell more Kempers at Andertons.

Anyone who has a Kemper knows its shortcomings. Give Chappers a Kemper for a week, redo this test, the results might be different. IMHO

• AFAIK apart from the low frequency compensation a while ago nothing has changed.
    The only difference is that people now understand better what the Profiler does.
    Playing through a real cab helped a great deal as well, especially for the more conservative Mr. Chapman. ;)

I'd say, in this case since they're using a cab (and they were in the older video), the DI profiling has made a huge difference.

Not saying they are being dishonest with their opinions but it seems like a big commercial. Taking a product you sell and making it seem as though it's the best thing since sliced bread. Don't get me wrong , I love my Kemper, but this is an advertisment to sell more Kempers at Andertons.Anyone who has a Kemper knows its shortcomings. Give Chappers a Kemper for a week, redo this test, the results might be different. IMHO

I have a hard time believing some of their stuff as well, but Lee Anderton has commented on this. Apparently, Rob doesn't even use the products before they shoot the video and sometimes doesn't even want to know anything about them. Lee, on the other hand, made the fair point that he wouldn't stock something if he didn't believe in it.

Also to be fair, they sell everything as if it's the best thing since sliced bread. They're a store and they want to sell in the first place and entertain in second place. If you have to believe everything they say, everyone would be playing Chapman guitars and Classic Vibe Strats. :")

• Not saying they are being dishonest with their opinions but it seems like a big commercial. Taking a product you sell and making it seem as though it's the best thing since sliced bread. Don't get me wrong , I love my Kemper, but this is an advertisment to sell more Kempers at Andertons.

Anyone who has a Kemper knows its shortcomings. Give Chappers a Kemper for a week, redo this test, the results might be different. IMHO

Well, as you can see in the video description there are links to both the profiled amps at anderton's store. So I don't really get that argument :)

• Nah, it's an Andertons commercial. no matter which of the three options you end up buying, you still have to shop there if you've watched their video ;)

Of course there's an element of advertising here. But on the other hand, it's not like they pull their punches when they are guessing. So unless they ARE dishonest and they knew all along, I don't see a big problem with the video. It definitely didn't come across as in-your-face marketing to me - and I'm usually allergic to that stuff :)

They sell the amps as well and Silverback is Rob's signature. These two (esp. Lee) are genuinely honest guys too. Don't be silly and take your tinfoil hat off please.