KPA Editor

• From 736 rigs down to 352...and not finish yet ;( ...what a $h!t job X(
    Please K-Team, give us at least a librarian... ;)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• From 736 rigs down to 352...and not finish yet ;( ...what a $h!t job X(
    Please K-Team, give us at least a librarian... ;)

What I do to "clean up" the KPA:
    Create a backup... open it with WinRAR/7Zip/Whatever and delete the Rigs I don't want.
    Save.
    Restore from Backup.
    Done.

Much more comfortable than using the Rig Browser (which takes too long to delete a Rig imho)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• What I do to "clean up" the KPA:
    Create a backup... open it with WinRAR/7Zip/Whatever and delete the Rigs I don't want.
    Save.
    Restore from Backup.
    Done.

Much more comfortable than using the Rig Browser (which takes too long to delete a Rig imho)

?( ?( ?( IIRC the last word from mothership was not to edit anyhow .kipr and backup files in order not to toast the unit... Has this changed? I mean: you did it and nothing happened or you now that they have fixed the problem on the FW?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• +1 on the librarian or rig organizer or something. Personally, I don't really need an editor as the KPA's layout is just perfect and fast.

Weren't we told by Kemper not to use an editor to "edit" these rigs?
    From what I see mDan is not editing his rigs... he's just moving them (you know, copy, paste, delete etc.)

• From what I see mDan is not editing his rigs... he's just moving them (you know, copy, paste, delete etc.)

...inside of a .tar compressed file, if it has a CRC for integrity control, then you have a problem.

• Ok, I see. Maybe we should ask support what they think about this (that is, the zip organization method)

That's why I wanted to know from Daniel if he heard anything from mothership, if it is ok I'll be more than happy to use this system.... :thumbup:

• Dear guitarnet70,
    you wrote:

...inside of a .tar compressed file, if it has a CRC for integrity control, then you have a problem.

There is no CRC control, otherwise the manipulated backup would be rejected. You can also get rid of unwanted effect settings and amp or cabinet presets.
    By the way, I've mentioned the tar-trick in another thread and got flamed for it being 'insecure'. So far I did not have any problems with it and I do not expect any.
    Best regards
    DrTT

• Ok, Thanks DrTT. :thumbup:

• What I would find nice is being able to connect my computer to the KPA via the network socket. And then using the upcoming computer-based editor for remotely editing rigs, settings, etc. on the unit itself. And for creating backups, uploading new user rigs, you name it.

• => First Emergency : A librarian on PC & Mac ! Please !

No need to find a new mega-computer-scientist to do that....

I have tons of rigs with strange names and I begin to get lost ....

then an editor will be nice, but editing on KPA is quite simple.

• This tip is great:

What I do to "clean up" the KPA:
    Save.
    Restore from Backup.
    Done.

But short of a full editor, Id perhaps like to see an XML, or CSV , or txt extraction tool for the *.kipr files.

Then I could load these exported files into an Excel spreadsheet and review / organize / sort all my KPA profiles with details on Stomp settings, Amp settings, post FX settings, etc.

A bit like this:
    =========

Structure Type = [1]

Noise Suppressor***********
    [NS Switch] = On
    [NS Threshold] = 40
    [NS Release] = 30

Chorus***********
    [Chorus Switch] = On
    [Chorus Type] = Mono
    [Chorus Rate] = 40
    [Chorus Depth] = 50