KPA Editor

• +1 Great idea :thumbup:

XML is an AWESOME idea. That would open it up to user developed tools. A full MIDI implementation would also allow easier development of an editor. Look at the user-developed editor by "Gumtown" for the Roland GR55. This was done courtesy of Roland's thorough and robust MIDI interface, despite the fact Roland won't provide an editor.

I see the Kemper engineering team as being much more responsive and dynamic so, with the right choices, the sky's the limit!

bd

• I posted this in the thread requesting a keyboard interface for naming profiles then realized it should be in this thread too...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I notice there's a network port on the back....so here's the most
    innovative and universally versatile way I've seen a device
    configuration utility implemented.

Create an embedded webserver with DHCP (so clients have zero config to
    connect) that pushes a web-based editor to any browser based client.
    That would allow PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Linux...and any other
    web client to connect and access the KPA. I sell an idustrial device
    that does has that and it is cool. No software to install, updates come
    with the firmware. Its way cool. You would be shocked at how robust and
    interactive a web-client can be....sliders, dials, charts, buttons, etc.

Be the first and embed your software utilities IN the device. This is
    nothing new for network peripherals like wireless access points, etc.

bd

• Pretty cool, I have many devices that work in this way - Modem, Router, TV Box, NAS server box, IP security cameras (live Pan Tilt Zoom controller over the network) etc... and I agree it works very well.

I read somewhere that the network port might be used for the KPA foot controller though? I have owned devices never intended to run an embedded server (original WDTV box) with no built in network adapter that were hacked to run in this way by using a 'USB to WiFi' or 'USB to Ethernet' adapter. So if the existing network port isn't an option the USB port might be.

• Well after using the Kemper for a few days..I can seriosuly agree that an editor would be a MASSIVE step forwards.. renaming profiles is the biggest pain ever. would be so cool to have a onscreen editor so you can arrange stomps, effects, cabs etc etc... tweek with mouse rather than twiddle lil knbos and randomly press buttons all day long!.

Realize its still early days and we prob wont see an editor for a year or so. but just wanted to echo what everyone else is thinking!

• Something like the TC G-System Editor would be great !!!!

No it wouldn't be great. The vyzor editor is really a bad designed one and even though it has been out for quite some time, it has multiple bugs and it randomly changes the GS settings. There have been way too many complaints and never been addressed.

• No it wouldn't be great. The vyzor editor is really a bad designed one and even though it has been out for quite some time, it has multiple bugs and it randomly changes the GS settings. There have been way too many complaints and never been addressed.

+1, tried it a couple of times and then ditched it when it turned out to be completely unreliable

• I never had any issues with the TC Editor ....plus its a HELL of a lot better than breaking your fingers or back trying to programme it manually !!!!!

That was actually one of the strong points of the G-system, imo it was really easy to program on the board itself. Anyway, going seriously off topic here :whistling:

• 100% on the editor/librarian...I made the mistake of loading a couple of zipped files and now have hundreds of profiles ..(not really a mistake per se, as they are way fun to audition,etc) and it's difficult with nothing but a page forward/back and browse knob.....a mouseclick that I can visually see all or nearly all of them and group and sort would be AWESOME!, not to mention having all sections parameters editable from a single screen....

• 350 profiles

8o 8o 8o ?( WTF?!? I need to take a month of Holiday!!! :love: :love: :love:

Edit: Where in the name of the Lord you get access to all those amps? Don't tell me you own them all.... 8o 8o 8o

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I wish! - yeah I have a lot but not of whats in this next lot...
    I'll be explaining all in a upcoming post when Im done, still a lot to do yet (finished the profiling though) - but sorting, tweeking, what makes the grade etc etc..
    Lot of amps I hired, some from freinds, others from the amp manafacture themselves :) etc etc, you get the idea...