KPA Editor

• I'm going to guess if they have any sort of editor/librarian planned it'll be web browser based. I hooked my Kemper up to my network today and pointed my browser to it's IP and it came back with a page that said "Kemper Profiling Amplifier built-in webserver".

• I'm going to guess if they have any sort of editor/librarian planned it'll be web browser based. I hooked my Kemper up to my network today and pointed my browser to it's IP and it came back with a page that said "Kemper Profiling Amplifier built-in webserver".

8|:whistling:8|

You guys are so clever that I get scared..... 8o:D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

If that means opening the KPA to the Internet, then I hope that isn't the path. Next thing you know, there will be hackers, malware, ... :cursing:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• If that means opening the KPA to the Internet, then I hope that isn't the path. Next thing you know, there will be hackers, malware, ... :cursing:

No, it has nothing to do with internet access. Lots of electronics have web servers built in these days. My Yamaha AV receiver has a web server, and it allows me control the whole thing from a browser. It's a smart way to go from a development standpoint. You don't have develop for multiple platforms - Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android. You just develop once for the web server and any device with a browser can access it.

8|

... Now that's news! :thumbup:

• With 700 profiles and growing, a cool feature of an editor/librarian, would be a section for personaly ranking them ...maybe a scale of 1-10, and a quick view of the amp/mic(s), and speaker cabinet used in the captured profile , along with any notes you may want to add , such as a certain application you may have found ie (jazz comping, metal rhythym, EJlike lead tone,etc)

• When the editor works through the network interface, then it could be easily cross platform. So every Mac, Linux and Windows user could benefit of it!

• With 700 profiles and growing, a cool feature of an editor/librarian, would be a section for personaly ranking them ...maybe a scale of 1-10, and a quick view of the amp/mic(s), and speaker cabinet used in the captured profile , along with any notes you may want to add , such as a certain application you may have found ie (jazz comping, metal rhythym, EJlike lead tone,etc)

+1 I would also be able to rank and add notes to rig, the library is just getting massive and it is hard to really hard to decide on cleaning unused rigs...

• I just bought a Roland GR55 and Roland had no editor. A user made one and that works very good. I'm sure there will be users that can make an e ;) ditor for the KPA too!

• I just bought a Roland GR55 and Roland had no editor. A user made one and that works very good. I'm sure there will be users that can make an e ;) ditor for the KPA too!

What gumtown did for the GR-55 is quite exceptional considering he didn't received any help from Roland and reverse engineered the whole thing. I rely exclusively on his editor to control it.

However unlike Roland, Kemper are providing update to the product and have showed interest in proving a librarian editor, so that would be kind of weird to also have a user do it. I guess it depends on how high on the priority list the editor is... I'm sure if Kemper want to offload the work out they just have to send gumtown a KPA, if I remember correctly he did the GR-55 editor to finance his unit through donation on source forge :)

• I would like to see an editor and a dedicated foot control. Those two items would make this a complete set-up!!!!

:thumbup: "A single note can be short lived but a melody will last a life time." Paul Muller

• Agreed. I wish that would happen. I'm not holding my breath though.

I'm on the verge of getting a cheap solution, but I think I'm going to hold out until the end of January to see what cristof has in store. An editor with a foot controller would be the bomb. Let's hope!

• Hi folks,
    I just got back from a little party. Yes - I might be a bit drunk. But you know, drunk poeple tell the truth. I am really fed up with always tip toeing: Oh - can we please have an editor?? F**ck - if they cannot deliver, is there anyone else who can? I buy! That's rediculous. Forgive my bad english and my inpolite form. But enough is enough - I am tired of turning knobs on my KPA. They almost fall appart - sh****t!!! I go to sleep now :sleeping: :D