no delay update no editor still

• I got tired of waiting so I bought all 3 of the big Strymons.
    I don't care what they do, the KPA simply will not match them.

It's really not possible to say what Kemper will come up with; considering the quality of the amp sounds, it's entirely possible that they will beat the Strymons. No, it's not certain but it is for sure possible IMO.

I have a Timeline and a Flint. I sold my Mobius a couple of months ago (it's a great pedal but I wasn't getting enough use from it so it needed a new home). When Kemper brought out morphing, they already addressed one of the good things I was missing from the Strymons which was the ability to morph multiple parameters at a time. That's now fixed so that advantage is gone with the outboard gear. At the moment, the Timeline does a better job of delay and I really like the trem in the Flint vs the one in the Kemper..... Those in the box are very good but, as I have the boxes, I can use them.... I'm not sure I'd have been *so* unhappy with the fx in the Kemper to justify the spend right now though - I actually had the Strymons before I had the Kemper. As it is? I hook them up sometimes but I would far prefer everything to be 'in the box'. Making the Strymon switch at the same time as the performance is just another level of complexity I could live without.

I am hopeful that I'll be able to move the Timeline and Flint along later in the year :)

• You ok?
    You seem have the wows.
    Does this mean you believe none of what I say is possible?

Did they tell you any different?
    Probably not, so you would be guessing just like the rest of us.

Say what you want but there is no way the KPA will be able to pull off what the Strymons do. Absolutely, no way.
    The configurability and endless options alone makes that a for sure.
    If they could get the KPA to do it, Just getting the settings you want would be an absolute nightmare without more knobs or an editor. That be comparing to the Strymons or any other high end highly adjustable pedals.

• You ok?
    You seem have the wows.

Ha! This was a good one :D

Does this mean you believe none of what I say is possible?

No, it doesn't. I was just surprised by how sure you are about a lot of things, either objective and subjective :)

Did they tell you any different?
    Probably not, so you would be guessing just like the rest of us.

How do you know? You seem have the assumes :P

Say what you want but there is no way the KPA will be able to pull off what the Strymons do. Absolutely, no way.

This is definitely possible. Usually a high-level dedicated unit does something more\better than a more general-purpose one.

Generally, I was impressed by you putting everything in the same basket: your beliefs about future outcomes, you beliefs about Kemper's hardware limits, your beliefs about an unavoidable failure by Kemper not matching people's expectations (as if you knew all of them)...

Don't know, I perceive so much negativity I can't find a reason for.
    As I said, I don't believe the Profiler has been designed or even conceived to surpass high-end, dedicated units' performance. Of course, as always, people needing or wanting better performances in some departments will consider more complex\expensive\dedicated rigs.

BTW, have you heard the new delays? ;)

I got tired of waiting so I bought all 3 of the big Strymons.I don't care what they do, the KPA simply will not match them.

Im sure that the Strymons are very nice and I wish I had them too, but here's a question for ya.
    Are you saying this because you know something for a fact, or because you are just frustrated with Kemper's release times?
    If its the latter, being angry and frustrated wont speed this wait up. If its the former, then we all better buy some Strymons! 8o

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I am in no way frustrated. At this point It would not matter to me if they did not come out with anything else.

I am content with my setup.

If they do come out with kick ass delays, I still will not use them because there is just too much scrolling and searching to change parameters. In contrast to most parameters always at my fingertips with real knobs.
    So much faster and easier.

If you feel different, that is fine, I won't get mad or insulted as you seem to get.

You really should not take my original post so negatively. I am not trying to be. I am just giving opinions of what may be holding things up and the possible reasoning that goes through my head.

Sorry but I do not live in a sterile world.

If things were so simple and things were going so well, they would have released them by now.

You may have missed one of my sentences where I said they are not talking so we have to just wonder, guess and hypothesize.
    That's all I was doing.

Now you can give your thoughts of why these things are being delayed for so long if you wish.

Just make sure it is all positive.

Because we all know it could not possibly be a negative reasoning.
    Such as hardware constraints or what have you.

Either way, a lot of people are looking forward to this all coming out well in the end.
    And for them, I truly would like to see the updates come out totaly awesome.

I do have to mention though, there is not much I find more annoying than when people quote you verbatim, line for line on a forum.

What are your goals with this type of display?

You could just say Hey Inthrutheout or Joe ( You can call me Joe if you like.) , I disagree with what you say and here is why.

But wow wow wow wow, on and on is just plain silly.

Really.

• Are we discussing about technical performance or about the Information politics of Kemper regarding unlaid eggs.
    The first would be interesting to talk about facts and/or impressions or opinions.
    The second is without sense. We know that Kemper do not discuss their plans and improvements in this forum. Why they should do it?

A fantasize about technical limits because of missing information seems to me a primitive attempt to provoke response.
    It is a truism that every technical system is limited and is able to get improved.

For me ist has more sense to talk what the Kemper is and not what the Kemper could be or not.
    I bought the KPA as is was in that time and found a lot of unpaid improvements in the meantime.

• I don't think that they reach HW limits I guess the need of a deep code refactoring. Since the beginning, there are a lot of features quiet new from they though at the beginning :
    - merged profiles / DI profiles
    - pure cab (asked "per rig" many times"
    - remote + looper + ...
    - new delays (mainly already implement because they demonstrate them)
    - delays at any stomps positions

+ rig manager that provides the ability to edit performances, ...

+ request to make easier the stomps presets selection, the cabs selections ...

If you see the latest beta firmware, providing new features broken others things.

So, i guess (as software developper) they prefer going through a code cleanup before releasing new stuffs.

• It's a shame that the news about delays leaked so early. Instead of enjoying the profiler, it seems to keep some users obsessed with features that are not ready and there is a bitterness now. I bought my Kemper to do what it could at the time and anything later is a bonus. These updates are free and someone has to work to provide them.

In reality, most guitarists just want a little ddl on their leads.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• don't think that they reach HW limits I guess the need of a deep code refactoring.

This seems for me to be an educated guess. My impression is similar but I do not know .
    I expected delays will come soon. (some month?)
    For an editor I do not see signs that they are on a way to develope one.

• I had a Strymon Timeline and a Mobius, really cool pedals. But in the Kemper it would be nice to have just one box, similar to the Axe, Amp, effects, editor, etc. But in the end, some were using an Axe with a tube power amp and such to get the tones they want and I thought that was a step back. Some of course didn't, so you know. I'm always thinking small and LIGHT. ;) Anyway, if they came out with a Kemper 2, I would be ok with that. Or a companion 1 space effects rack with buttloads of routing? Sure, what the hell. Maybe an expansion board for the current Kemper? Who knows? Its all fun. For amp heads, I just got tired of all the heavy boxes and heads. If you are one of those unfortunate working musicians up north loading shit up and down rickety ice covered stairs, I'm sure you curse your 50 - 70 lbs head(s) everytime. Or your boutique rack that weighs 280lbs and the wheels are spaced too far and you get scraping / have to lift/carry that monster over raised doorways, etc... Pedals boards that are huuuuge, 1000 cables, and a short... somewhere... agh! I love the future. I love the Kemper. I love to watch old 70's concerts where the guitarist is kicking the shit out of his stacks so I can go "I know why he is doing that..." Small, light, powerful, ah yes...

• I really wish Kemper would come out with an editor. I would not have to move around so often between Kemper head, speaker, computer etc.
    These old bones don't like moving as much as I used to in the old days...

Are they at least considering doing one? Or have the lads given a definite "never"?