no delay update no editor still

• Kemper have never showed any interest in creating an editor, have they? I don't believe they have so would recommend accepting that there never will be one.

Kemper stated earlier this year that the new delays will be released later this year. As much as I really want to have them, they're not overdue yet so continue to wait patiently.

I am in love with the AX8 editor, which was also just upgraded.
    ........ many who are attracted to modeling and profiling technology, tweaking is part of the fun. Tweaking and paging around on the Kemper front panel, though, just sucks. Especially when compared to their biggest competitor's solution.

It's great that you found the correct product for you. Tweaking was the most agonizing thing when working with modelers other than the Kemper. I was a very very good tweaker and and got great sounding patches with most if not all digital devices, but when I got the Kemper, the most liberating thing was and still is: Not Having to endlessly tweak. That alone is worth the price of admission, I play a lot more now that I have the KPA and since I was used to tweaking, for a while after getting the Kemper, it took me a short while to realize that minimum tweaking is required when using the Kemper.

Still don't get me wrong. I would love an editor because I'm used to it from using everything else, but the front panel of the KPA without an editor must be the most intuitive interface of all time. Copy paste lock, etc etc. are very brilliant features for those who value and enjoy playing and not tweaking.
    Anything from Fractal is heaven for those who love tweaking, but hell for those who want the best tone possible with minimal tweaking,

As a guitar player, I highly recommend that you rekindle your love for playing and I can assure you that once you get into playing again, you're gonna love it a lot more than tweaking. The Kemper is simply unmatched. In the end of the day, I would go through hell and high water, including and not limited to not having an editor, to have the tones that exist in the Kemper that no other digital device is capable of reproducing period.

Sorry man, but we've all been there, tweaking is a f^&*ing disease and I truly wish for all guitar players who already have the Kemper to use it as the cure. I mean that in no disrespect in any way to any other modeling device, AXE, Helilx, Eleven, Amplifire ; they're great products on their own, but their needs to be endlessly tweaked illustrate their inferiority in the most crucial element that electric guitar players are looking for, "the best amp tones possible", The prime proof of this is that many guitar players who use these other devices are no longer playing guitar but instead they learned to enjoy tweaking.

Edited 6 times, last by Dean_R ().

• yeah, I have to echo this. Lately, having found a very comfortable set of profiles for my live playing, I have found that I have a lot less inclination to go in an try new profiles or new stomp settings or tweak, or try this or that. I am going to *force* myself this weekend to take advantage of Andy/TAF's big sale and do that but if I can acquire free or used profiles that are already there - spot on, what need do I have to go in and tweak? None. Your mileage may vary, of course, and I do respect those that need/want that feature. I just don't need it.

• I actually find the Kemper a lot easier to tweak than the digital devices I've owned. A knob for pretty much every function that's needed on the fly, while deeper editing parameters can be had with a pretty intuitive menu system. Of course, I have a toaster, not sure whether anyone else is commenting based on the rack version. I do believe they've got a similar number of knobs and buttons though.
    I'm firmly in the camp of"tweak when absolutely necessary" though. If I don't find a profile suitable, I just go to the next one, always a chance a different mic might be the ticket. And you can always change cabs too, but again, I see it as a last resort.
    I was looking for "authentic" amp tones when I bought the unit.

• Not really sure how going into menus is easier than this.
    All of the effects can be adjusted at one time without once going into a menu.
    There isn't much more on the fly than this.

Of course there are things you can do in the menus but to get a sound you want, it is not needed.

On all of these, the knob on the left lets you choose your particular effect.
    Then your parameters and times are on the other knobs.
    It is that simple.

With this setup, I can sample any sound I wish in a fraction of the time I can in the KPA. Including jumping banks. All at once without having to search each one out independently.
    Besides there are much more with these pedals than the KPA can think of touching. Quality too.

Granted you will be getting close to the price of a KPA for all of these.
    Also, if you play out, it is more to carry and setup and simply may not be necessary to have once you set up your patches for your set or whatever.

My point is, I would never tell anybody what they need, should have, or use. That would be just plain ignorant.
    But if you want to argue ease of use, quality and quantity, as a whole it just doesn't compute.

A while back I wanted everything built into the KPA. After getting these though, I don't at all. Or at least it wont matter because I just turn off all effects on the KPA anyway.

But this is just me and how I play. Everything stays as it is.
    If I ever took my equipment over a friends or something, it is nice though to have my reverbs and delay built in.

• The whole concept of the Profiler can be described as "intuitive","inspirational" and a very clear "sounds first"-approach.

As other guys here already mentioned..the profiler has a very good UI and since it can "copy" 1:1 already great sounding amps it does not need all the "tweakings" other modellers which cant do profiles need.Why should we have an editor with endless pages/lists of editing and parameters when we have already the exact profile/rig of the amp we love;Does not make sense for me.

If in the future Kemper decides to go the way of offering also several "basic amp models" which then can be tweaked at gusto like for example the Axe FX does..then I would also ask for an editor...choosing my Recto with 6L6 or EL34,tube rectifier or diode,cab,speakers etc...but this is not the reason I bought the Profiler.I bought it to make profiles of the amps I already have with the exact settings I love.With the exact cab/speakers I have and use since years.And I want these profiles to be exact 1:1 copies..I dont wont to "tweak" to get close to these sounds.I´m no nerd who loves to dig deep into the rabbit hole of endless parameters and editing lists..I want to play rocknroll..

Some of you guys here forget this difference.. ;)

As for the delays

I want my digital device to do three things:

a)Sound really as good as it needs to make me forget about my tube amps.
    b)doing so ^^^ I want it to be really as stable and reliable as possible.
    c) giving me all these beloved sounds fast,comfortable,at low volume with as little stress and weight as possible making life easier on the road ,at home and in the studio

Everything else is NOT REALLY important.I also want desperatly the new delays.But I want them as I want my amp-sounds:Inspirational,usefull making me to want to play music.I waited 20 years for the Profiler to develop "trust" into digital amp emulators now I can wait some months for really great sounding delays.

Obviously the editor would need endless time to be programmed by the also obviously small KPA-team which (again) obviously is right now working hard to do the new delays..

I would propose that we stop distracting CK and his boys from doing the really important things.

greetings

• The straight up being an amp portion of the profile is great, very intuitive, controls just like an amp, can't get much easier..

The FX portion, deep editing... not so much. This is where an editor would do wonders, just as Rig Manager has done for selecting patches I love that thing and I bet most everyone else here does to even those going "Why do we need an editor?".

I'm not saying that we don't have it good here already. Sure for most people the whole purpose of the Kemper is Amp Tones, not FX, not deep editing, not tweaking. For this the Kemper is just brilliant. But if Kemper or a third party were to make a desktop tone editor, maybe even a nice little VST/AU/RE (hey I'm sorry I like using Reason) to recall and control stuff beyond the powers of MIDI, heck, who wouldn't love that to bits? I know i'd use it a tonne.

Anyway, I love what Kemper are doing as is. If they don't have the time, resources or desire to make an editor maybe that could see their way to some form of API and the community could do some opensource magic there.

• Ok, again, all of you guys with the '80's - 90's readout mentality, more power to you. When something goes wrong or you need to update something, scrunch over to the 4.75" x 1.5" display and knock yourself out with the main and sub menus. But for those of us who thrive on the future (which is why we have a kemper and not yet another tube amp) we would prefer what we are now used to in this decade, which is a full computer screen, everything is right there, nice and huge. I would rather walk up to my rig with my nice lap top and mouse sitting on top of my Kemper rack and point and click quickly for any of my needs immediately, etc... (as I do now with the rig manager) Kemper's setup reminds me of TC Electronic, I loved the G Force, and it was super easy to navigate, and there were many useful features if needed. But then the lesser G Major came out, and had an editor. Wonderful. Sure, the interface is easy to navigate on the rack, but even better, I can use a BIG FREAKING SCREEN to see all the things I need. ;) Ever since these editors came out for various other units, there is no going back. You guys against it are just like tube amp guys against the Kemper! Stuck in your old fashion ways.

• No way man, the 80's were full of big screens and computers onstage.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• It's great that you found the correct product for you. Tweaking was the most agonizing thing when working with modelers other than the Kemper. I was a very very good tweaker and and got great sounding patches with most if not all digital devices, but when I got the Kemper, the most liberating thing was and still is: Not Having to endlessly tweak. That alone is worth the price of admission, I play a lot more now that I have the KPA and since I was used to tweaking, for a while after getting the Kemper, it took me a short while to realize that minimum tweaking is required when using the Kemper.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

My typical situation: I am in my rehearsal room with my guitar / amp / and a playback. My notebook is not around. i start playing...

Eventually I find that my delay mix is a bit to heavy. I press/hold the delay button, turn one knob like on a desk, press save/replace: BINGO! Sound optimized for now and forever.

Same situation with my L6 HD500 in the past. Damn, the Notebook is not here. Cant fire up the editor. Should I try it with the sucking interface kneeing on the floor right above that kick-plate? No, lets refine that later... problem NOT solved, not now and very often not forever.

i LOVE my computers when I mix in the DAW. I HATE my computers when its just time to play.

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Ok, again, all of you guys with the '80's - 90's readout mentality, more power to you. When something goes wrong or you need to update something, scrunch over to the 4.75" x 1.5" display and knock yourself out with the main and sub menus. But for those of us who thrive on the future (which is why we have a kemper and not yet another tube amp) we would prefer what we are now used to in this decade, which is a full computer screen, everything is right there, nice and huge. I would rather walk up to my rig with my nice lap top and mouse sitting on top of my Kemper rack and point and click quickly for any of my needs immediately, etc... (as I do now with the rig manager) Kemper's setup reminds me of TC Electronic, I loved the G Force, and it was super easy to navigate, and there were many useful features if needed. But then the lesser G Major came out, and had an editor. Wonderful. Sure, the interface is easy to navigate on the rack, but even better, I can use a BIG FREAKING SCREEN to see all the things I need. ;) Ever since these editors came out for various other units, there is no going back. You guys against it are just like tube amp guys against the Kemper! Stuck in your old fashion ways.

I totally agree that an editor would be a good editor so that I don't have to do any back and forth between my computer and the Kemper when recording. No one's disputing that.

But I really see the argument that the Kemper is difficult to tweak on as being really extreme in the sense it's an "editor or it's no good" point of view.

• Nemo13 wrote:

Ok, again, all of you guys with the '80's - 90's readout mentality, more power to you. When something goes wrong or you need to update something, scrunch over to the 4.75" x 1.5" display and knock yourself out with the main and sub menus. But for those of us who thrive on the future (which is why we have a kemper and not yet another tube amp) we would prefer what we are now used to in this decade, which is a full computer screen, everything is right there, nice and huge. I would rather walk up to my rig with my nice lap top and mouse sitting on top of my Kemper rack and point and click quickly for any of my needs immediately, etc... (as I do now with the rig manager) Kemper's setup reminds me of TC Electronic, I loved the G Force, and it was super easy to navigate, and there were many useful features if needed. But then the lesser G Major came out, and had an editor. Wonderful. Sure, the interface is easy to navigate on the rack, but even better, I can use a BIG FREAKING SCREEN to see all the things I need. ;) Ever since these editors came out for various other units, there is no going back. You guys against it are just like tube amp guys against the Kemper! Stuck in your old fashion ways.

What should go wrong when I already have the sound I love;The Kemper is all about recording or selecting (RE,commercial profilers) the profiles which work best for you and THEN doing minimal tweaking to adjust to your guitars,studio monitors,FRFR,real cab etc..this sounds damn close to what we can call a really hot "rocknroll machine",no;

For many players (not only 80s & 90s type guitarists) the profiling-feature was a big argument to buy the Kemper and not any other modeler.Having their own recording-studio at home,real mics,real tube-channel strips,their own tube amps,cabs etc..people now can realise their dreams about their own collection of historical rock sounds in one device.Magic..

So the Kemper is NOT about choosing an amp model out of any list and then starting the tweaking to get your result for anything..there is a reason why there is still no "Kemper amp models" you can choose from..If Kemper one day goes this way..again..an editor would be surely a must..

My proposal to you:Choose/profile your rig you love and then play.Tweak later.And not to much ´cause it can kill inspiration. ;)

ps

Watching some of the "solo contests" on youtube during the last years I doubt that there have been a big progress in rock music despite all the BIG REAKING SCREENS,laptops and editing abilities.The kids today sound all shockingly the same..so something went terribly wrong with the "future"..at least when we talk about rock music,no;

• The kids today sound all shockingly the same..so something went terribly wrong with the "future"..at least when we talk about rock music,no;

Very true. But it will change, it always had. When I was 18 they told me, the guitar is dead, I am lame, Rock is dead. It really seemed like that - for a couple of years... and then: bang, Grunge, Thrash, Death, so many new things arrived.

Ne travaillez jamais.

• I don't need an editor, when I play or rehearse, but I understand the wish for an editor in recording and tweaking situations.
    As this has been said a couple of times - I really believe it is still a question of resources and priorities.

As long as the Kemper can be further improved with more or deeper functions and fx, I feel the HQ will use most of their programming resources towards that goal and I agree with that.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• there where times when you needed a huge rack of effects to get going and times when the keys won over and the guitarplayer filled in the gaps, and times when guitar heroes ruled. We move in circles, and there are moments when the music we love and play (better or worse) is the go-to thing and others in which we are frustrated by the music industry. The point is that a guitar and an amp (real or digital) can be enough to make music and have fun. SRV was revealed to us thru a Bowie record at a time of keys-dominated pop. He didn't need a huge rack, did he? So pick up your guitar, plug into the Kemper, and go for it, man. Without delay, cause time is short!

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• @SpinnerDeluxe

There is always "hope".But to get "there" you need tools & the "right mindset".I dont want to sound completely like a "Kemper fanboy" but to be honest time goes by and I become more and more exactly this.. ^^

The intuitive approach of the profiler has its reasons.No editor is maybe bad and the fault for ths is that the small KPA-team just did not find the time to do this (´dont know shit..just guessing around here) for the simple reason that the team tried and still tries to finish the issues which make even steve winwood to use the Profiler..and he is not even an evil 80s-90s poser-stoneage-caveman but a 60s gentleman..a rock legend..

Just try to picture this:Stevie takes a L6 or an AxeFX sitting hours and hours in front of a PC editing his day away.. ;(:D

No.He took the Kemper,profiled his favorite amps with his favorite cabs,profiled by his favorite tone-guys which again took their favorite (tube-) recording tools..this is what makes people "hot".Actually this is what the whole myth of rock-music is all about.Actually the very reason why most kids start to learn rock-guitar if I am not wrong.Will any techie nerd deny this;

Right now we dont need an editor for the profiler.There are more importnat things musicians want YET (like inspirational,good sounding delays for example).The editor can wait.Simple.If the "new techie-nerd generation" really wants to go the next step "into the future" what about learning to develop their own style;Like even the shredders in the evil 80s did;What about learning modes instead of trying to "do it" with complex fx-algos;

And one more word on the new delays..

I remember very well the time when the eventides "big" harmonizers were the wet dream of every hairy 80s guitar hero..specially after Steve Vai did his "things" with it.But every time these guys "met one" in any studio they tried for hours to achieve any useable result..in the end most of them gave up,returned to their modded marshalls,put some PCM-reverb and some SDE-delay on it and did not even spent one more look on the precious H3000.. :rolleyes:

Today many guys out there can "handle" the H9 and if I would sit down all day long I also would achieve very interesting results..but the thing is I want my fx to be as "intuitive" as I wanted my tube amp-sounds to be.Take my guitar,choosing my rigs,scrolling through the new delays and spending my day with warm sounding,inspirational fx which deliever "music".

I am quite sure CK will deliever exactly this.No doubt about it.And if this takes even more six months..so be it.