no delay update no editor still

• Is there an API for USB and the Kemper? Documented?

No, not anything that I'm aware of. I've analyzed the USB protocol and there seems to be a simple MIDI-over-serial thing going on. It shouldn't be too difficult to write a user space program that communicates directly with the Kemper on all platforms. However, the messages on the bus themselves are not documented in any way and they can change at any time with a profiler, rig manager or driver update.

• Thats a show-stopper then. ;(

My idea back then was to write a kernel driver and a small MIDI based librarian for the KPA as I really hate to boot up a virtual machine just to use the Rig Manager (it's the only program in the VM). But I think that a simple user space program would be enough and actually doable. It just needs a lot more time. So it doesn't look that bad at all.

• My wife's cell phone has an available docking station for a full-sized monitor, mouse, and keyboard. We are NEVER going to use that feature. :D

Until she tells you you are... :D

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I'd really like rig manager on a tablet too. That would be sweet.

Sure would be! At home I have placed my Kemper conveniently next to my computer screens, but in training room environment that would be very handy. Well not as handy as the editor would be but still... :)

• I'd really like rig manager on a tablet too. That would be sweet.

I run RM on my Surface Pro tablet and it is very handy. I also use it occasionally as a touch screen remote when running Toaster when I'm recording and I've inadvertently cabled myself to my chair. :D

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• Yeah, I love a tablet with a full-featured OS to run professional audio software. I've also used the Surface Pro for pitch correcting vocals in the studio with Cubase while our engineer was working on our mix. I have a zoom H2n that I use for grabbing rehearsals , but the idea of using a nice interface with Cubase with is intriguing. Maybe even throwing up a couple of close-mics... :thumbup:

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• I run RM on my Surface Pro tablet and it is very handy. I also use it occasionally as a touch screen remote when running Toaster when I'm recording and I've inadvertently cabled myself to my chair. :D

Man, I was really toying with the idea of getting a Surface but wound up getting an iPad. I've heard the Surface is a bit finicky with audio software, that's why there aren't a lot of people using one with a DAW. I've even seen demos of people playing Counterstrike and Elder Scrolls on one though, a very cool device. Just too big for me to use in transit.

Having a portable rig manager would be ace though!

• . I have a zoom H2n that I use for grabbing rehearsals

I have a similar gear.
    But recording via DAW or even Audacitiy allows to start recording at rehearsal beginning and need to take care any more.
    Its easy to find the playing positions on the curve.

• H&K has an editor on the iPad for GrandMeister, and the L6 FireHawk 1500 does as well. I'd love to see a Kemper editor AND Rig Manager for the iPad !

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user