Phantom Power at Kemper Input?

• Hey,
    So I run my setup kinda strange for tracking:
    Guitar -> Countryman Type 85 ->Amp output into Kemper
    ->XLR output into RME FF802 with Phantom power on.

I am assuming the phantom power won't harm or even get to the kemper, but I thought I would ask... Will this kill my kemper?

Thanks!

• You want to record both the DI and the Kemper track, do you? You could just use S/PDIF and set it to Git/Stack. You'll have the DI track on the left and the Kemper sound on the right channel. Or you could use it normally, go from the Main Outs in your interface for the amp sound and use the built-in Direct Output of the Kemper for the "DI" track, since it is just the raw guitar sound.

• My new interface does not have SPDIF unfortunately (RME FF802). So I am forced to use analog ins and outs. I don't want to capture the kemper tone right now, just to monitor with it since the latency is nonexistant but the latency in my daw can sometimes be detectable to a guitar player. I then edit the DI's and then reamp through the kemper. I also had issues with hot pickups and the kemper DI output clipping and could not figure out how to remedy this, so I don't use it as a DI anymore.

• Ah sorry. Well it kinda has SPDIF, the second ADAT works as an optical SPDIF, but you can't use it with the Kempers SPDIF cinch connection, that's a pity because I do what you described just with SPDIF.
    I guess if the DI Output is clipping because of high-output pickups you could try setting a lower input level via clean/distortion sense but not sure if that works.

Anyway like you said the phantom-power only powers your Countryman DI Box, it won't do anything to the Kemper or other Amps connected to it.