Automatic double tracker

• REAL ADT includes the second signal occurring sometimes BEFORE the original.
    And that’s obviously impossible in real time (without a time machine) in the Kemper.

But otherwise the effect is just basically a varying short delay.
    You can easily set that up with the existing delays.

• REAL ADT includes the second signal occurring sometimes BEFORE the original.
    And that’s obviously impossible in real time (without a time machine) in the Kemper.

But otherwise the effect is just basically a varying short delay.
    You can easily set that up with the existing delays.

[zero aggro response]. Doesn't the mimiq rely upon subtle (or not so subtle) variation/randomisation in pitch and the delay timing?

• not so much pitch, although the original ADT (an EMI' invention' involving tape and varispeed) certainly introduced a little pitch wobble as the speed moved.

but again, a delay with modulation is essentially the sound.
    The only real difference is that EMI took the signal off the (earlier0 sync head so the ADT signal could pass from BEFORE the original through to after it and back and forth.

• not so much pitch, although the original ADT (an EMI' invention' involving tape and varispeed) certainly introduced a little pitch wobble as the speed moved.

but again, a delay with modulation is essentially the sound.
    The only real difference is that EMI took the signal off the (earlier0 sync head so the ADT signal could pass from BEFORE the original through to after it and back and forth.

I did a test with a Strymon ADT pedal, and it is really beneficial even with a single amp. They aren't able to process the signal before it is even played (naturally), but even introducing a second signal with modulated delay can be extremely useful.

Listen to the third and sixth section in this clip. Super nice tone using ADT in the stereo loop when compared to the single guitar recordings without ADT.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Dam you AJ, i forgot about that, now i am going to have to buy one, you have turned me into the gear junkie that you are ...so fugg you!
    fugg you can sound like thank you after a few beers,i tried it :D
    fugg you AJ , that sounded better than my Mimiq

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 3 times, last by ashtweth ().

• Dam you AJ, i forgot about that, now i am going to have to buy one, you have turned me into the gear junkie that you are ...so fugg you!
    fugg you can sound like thank you after a few beers,i tried it :D
    fugg you AJ , that sounded better than my Mimiq

Ash

Hooray for me! :D

You can get similar results with the Mimiq, Ash. Just use it in stereo in the loop of the Kemper in the X or Mod slots. Use a high and wide setting, it will be awesome.

It will also sound awesome if you run it in front of your two Kempers, Ash. That was my favourite way to use the ADT pedals, the image becomes nice and wide automatically due to the fact that there's space between the two speakers.

Try it, you'll like it!

• AJ @nightlight here is my shitty attempt to show you 2 stereo cabs and 2 kempers then with the mimiq
    first i point to the ABY switch and show you 2 kempers, i then put on A which is one kemper (duh)
    then i switch on the second, thats the best sound for a shitty ipad video

then i switch the mimiq on, you wont hear the difference well cause its an ipad bro, but still it sounds killer live
    forget the finger at the end of the video , this was taunting my friend to show that my sound was bigger :D

Cammeron CCV on one side
    @SuckerFreeGear

LRS VH4 03 on the second kemper
    @deadpan

This is what i have been ranting about for ever, 2 rigs make one [unique] sound...(for me)

before i switch the mimiq in it sounds as it does live here
    i think the mimiq was too much for the ipad
    enough of my bs for now :)
    just a quick "wank" on a gibson to show you
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gpo1fent6532al/IMG_0769.MOV?dl=0

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 2 times, last by ashtweth ().

• Good stuff, Ash, interesting how you didn't say a word haha! I suggest experimenting more with the looseness (the top control) to give yourself a wider effect, since you are using two KPAs. I used to set it pretty high when driving two amps.

• Why use the Radar instead of the KPA cab section? However it will work of course as long as you use the stereo out of the mimiq into the return and alternative input. The mimiq will not work without stereo. Thus i don´t get the idea of the mini version of the mimiq which is mono only ... totally useless imo.

• Why?
    Because I need two different cabinet for better separation of doubling effect.

Its same like Line6 Pod
    Two profiles routing to the left/right side.

Mimiq mini setting
    Tightness=,,full"
    Dry =,,0"
    Effect =,,full"

Edited 3 times, last by MirekGR10 ().

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sounds dope AF Ash... sweet!!!

• @MirekGR10 Great idea. Are you sure the cab sim off works when the stereo loop is engaged though? Can you confirm by bypassing the mooer? The Left or Right channel should very harsh if that's the case. If it is, I'll have to buy one! Your audio sample rocks!

In the KPA I will set stereo loop.

1.monitor out - caf sim off. - Mooer Radar - Mimiq ( I have mono) - return KPA

2. direct out - alt.input.