Automatic double tracker

• The Mimiq is not a Stereo Widener or a Delay Widener. It does much more. It plays back a "second track" that is somewhat off timing and off EQ of your original track using algorithms. It is not just simply copying and pasting a "delayed" track for playback. Plus you have the ability to "tighten/loosen" up the dub via control parameter, and add more or less of your original signal into the dub mix. You also have the ability to add 1, 2, or 3 dubs (up to 6 tracks).

I've read extensively that this is the next best thing to actually dubbing tracks yourself in a studio. I can't wait to try the dang thing and split it into my main outs <--> interface ins. Only $99 at SW for stereo version (which is the only one that works)! I've been waiting months for mine to arrive. ETA is May 2021. =O;(

If Kemper can get us a 99% accurate Mimiq version in the next update then I would play some damn Tiny Tim!

I have one and the 3 dubs means 4 in total with the part you are playing. Quad track with 2 panned either side.

It is the best version for auto double, but not great if the PA isn’t perfect, or you stand to one side in the room. I’d be interested to see what you feel.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

Edited once, last by karlic ().

• I had a Mimiq pedal (the full size one)and I tried it in a stereo loop and at the main outputs. It made things sound massive when active but I remember it creating problems with difference in levels when switching it on of off (I forget the full details). I ended up keeping it on all of the time and convinced myself it sounded great but changed my mind after a while. It did sound really immersive on headphones or monitors at home but with a three piece band, direct to the PA, panned hard left and right in stereo it fell apart. The crunch/filthy rhythm stuff sounded really good but there were moments when it detracted; it was really dependent on what riff I was playing. Maybe if you could send one output to a different amp or profile it might work, but less so for use with a KPA with its single profile. On cleans it felt like you'd scooped the mids and on leads, it destroyed the cut and aggression completely.

I honestly though it was going to be a great solution for me but it created more problems than it was worth, even with a PA controlled entirely by me. I sold it within a month I believe which is the opposite of my tendencies.

• I agree. It sounds amazing with headphones, but it's really tricky to set up. When it worked it worked really well, but sometimes, out of the blue, it seemed to create phase issues randomly, without even changing anything.

• I have one and the 3 dubs means 4 in total with the part you are playing. Quad track with 2 panned either side.

It is the best version fir auto double, but not great if the PA isn’t perfect, or you stand to one side in the room. I’d be interested to see what you feel.

LOL. I guess I was multiplying when I should have been adding. I have a couple of intricate alternate picking songs that's going to be dreadful if I have to dub myself, so I expect the Mimiq will be a winner on those songs. Just crazy this long wait for my order. I'll post how it goes.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I didn't realise you wanted to use in for recording. Just playing the double will always be the best and you have already learnt the part by then.

If I need to double something from a band that are not available or can't play the part twice, Antares Duo usually does the job.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I didn't realise you wanted to use in for recording. Just playing the double will always be the best and you have already learnt the part by then.

If I need to double something from a band that are not available or can't play the part twice, Antares Duo usually does the job.

I'm using the Waves Doubler plug-in. It's okay but still lacking on dirty guitar.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• My setting

Slot X - Delay Widener

Main stereo and using only left chanel output

Monitor out - set on stereo output and used monitor output jack for right channel

On the left chanel you have studio profile and in the right channel you can switch and choose imprint for you taste.^^:D?

Sorry my English

• Hm this seems like a great idea! Thanks.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• There is a hardware device Torpedo Captor X, that allows to have a stereo effect from one guitar input: the main signal is slightly altered and it gives a stereo effects like two guitars play the same part.

I have tried to use the Kemper delay effects with all possible settings, but cannot reach a similar effect, as the "deviation" should be not consistent - and also the delay time should be shorter (now yet it is very audible, - too "long" delay).

It would be great to have a similar effect in the standard Kemper pack - the Captor X stereo :)

PS: just rechecked all the effects again and found some new. The Delay Widener effect seems to be quite close