EQ slot setting to transform sound of a Gibson Les Paul humbucker into a Fender single coil?

• Hi all, hope you can help me with this one. Is there a specific eq slot setting to transform a Gibson humbucker sound into a Fender single coil sound? I`m playing mainly Gibson guitars (Les Paul std and ES339) but also like to have acces to clean to light overdriven Fender sounds. I already got a Fender telecaster but can`t bond with the feel of the neck and when I gig I prefer to play with one guitar. Thanks!

• Ahh too bad ... I have the exact opposite profile to make my SC and splits sound like a LesPaul, it works great.

That would not be very difficult to achieve, in various ways :

• play with the following amp knobs : Definition (up) Clarity (up)& a tad of direct signal will help (for ryhtm tones) , store the result as a new profile.
    • setup an EQ like you said, but I don't know what frequencies are involved I think Don (from the K team, here on the forum) can probably help you in this way
    • Install a split mode on your humbucker and yeah that involves a new push/pull pot and some soldering. I won't do it on my 70's Gibson but all other HB have splits, it matters a lot for me to have a mix cutting split as I'm mainly a rhythm player.

As an alternative I made some good specific HB profiles for rhythm that have extra clarity and spank (like ACDC), they're very also useful to cut the mix.

I requested a pickup simulator long time ago, I think it would be a fantastic new FX for the kemper, in the meanwhile it's worth doing your one with all the tools et your disposal.

• here is one I got in my ATM Humbucker (commercial) pack :

crunch.dirty : crunch with great character, good gain course, mostly used on bridge PU. some real single coil flavor & twang for your humbucker guitars

PM if interested I can send you this one for test purpose.

Renaud.

• I don't think simple EQ will get you all the way there, but maybe try to record the direct output from a HB and a SC pup and get them to match as close as you can in a DAW (you should probably reamp while comparing, to get the interaction with the amp). You could potentially do some "match EQ " if you have a plugin that can do this (logic has one stock). And then find the most important frequencies and add those to a studio EQ slot in the KPA, as the first FX.

• Hi Renaud, thank you for the reply. I've got the coil splits on my Les Paul but don't like it very much. A eq slot setting has my preference, I got lot's of commercial profiles that I think are working much better with single coils than with my humbuckers I hope that a slot eq setting will get these profiles work with my humbuckers more. Changing definition and clarity parameters is also an option but first I want to change the signal at the front before the signal hit the amp to remain the original amp settings. Thanks for your offer, I'll let you know. Best regards, Stefan.

• Thanks Michael for the reply. I can do that, hopefully somebody has tried this before to get a faster result :) I just read in an other tread that lower 640hz with -3 to -5 db will get good results. I'll give it a try.

• +1 for Definition. Its use for this kind of application has been explicitly mentioned by the Kemper team more than once.

I respect your vision, but wouldn't see reasons to not touch the amp. There's no purity to preserve IMO :)
    You could always save a distinct copy of the rig, or of the amp if you want to preserve it.

HTH