Profile editor

• Hey,

as far as I know the profiling is determining 60 parameters or so.
    Would be cool to have a profile editor to change those values to your likings.

But I guess this won't happen :D

Daniel

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• That will be in the next generation, the Kemper Amplifier Creator, KAC :D .... ok the Acronym is atrocious... :thumbdown:

Wait a moment, if you want to edit 60+ parameters you can still get back your Axe II.... 8o 8o 8o :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I reckon Christophe could make an Editor in his sleep, no problem.

Do we really need one, that's the question?

Usually we want a PC Editor because it's so difficult to tweak on the unit itself.
    I remember when I got my HD500...after two days I had pulled muscles in my neck and back, I felt like I'd gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson., I never wanted to bend down ever again.:)

For me the KPA is the PC Editor, it's like looking at an Editor on your PC screen, instead of using your mouse you use your fingers. :thumbup:

• Yes, I agree - the UI of the KPA is great - I don't need a PC editor (with one mouse) - instead I prefer the KPA UI with the great display and many knobs and switches much more.
    AxeFx vs. KPA is more like DX7 vs Virus ;)

But the OP thought about an editor for the hidden KPA features. Somewhere it was quoted that the KPA captured some 60+ parameters during the profiling. We get only a few exposed as user tweak-able parameters in the Amp and Cabinet section.

So the idea is to expose more of them (maybe in an 'advanced' section) - and change the KPA from a profiler to a profiler with more modeling features.

Or to use the Synth analogy again.
    The next step after the synth's ( think modelers) were the samplers (think profiler) - but then we got great samplers WITH great synth features.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I would definitely wanna have an option to enter the tags, names etc. an easier way. I would be happy with a compatible file format that I can edit in a text-editor. Setting the names and tags adequately really take a long time.

• Yes, it would be so easy to use e.g. an XML format for the rig (names) - they can encrypt the profiling stuff anyway.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de