lock not working

• I have two rigs:
    1) with effects set on, reverb on
    2) with effects set off, reverb on

Now I wanted to get the effects settings of 1) for all rigs.

Regardless if I lock effects, or reverb or both in rig 1) it will NOT override the settings in rig 2)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• To my KPA it works fine . This I have done is:

I choose an effect - let's say distortion, I keep the appropriate button to bring it into focus, I press lock, and is done.
    The same procedure for every fx I want to lock.

• Yes, it works in general - but it does not work in my example - could you replicate that.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• Just tried it:

Rig 1: Only Reverb
    Rig 2: Only Reverb

Added a TS on Rig 1... locked effects... switched to Rig 2 and it had the TS. On what FW are you? I'm on 6911

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Yes, it works in general - but it does not work in my example - could you replicate that.

- If you mean the parameters of the fx, remain unaltered to every rig I change.

- If you mean that you want the parameters unaltered but the status (on/off) of the effects, to be different in every rig, then the same happens to my KPA

Conclusion: when I have locked an effect, parameters & status remains the same to all rigs.
    So if I want only the same parameters for another rig, I'm doing it via copy-paste procedure,and not lock.

• I use version 6911

Yes, lock works great in general - but not in this special case.

Please recreate the same settings:

Rig A):
    Delay & Reverb = ON
    Effects = OFF
    (Delay and Reverb should light dim, Effect does not light)
    Store this rig

Rig B)
    Delay & Reverb = OFF
    Effects = ON
    (Dealy & Reverb does not light, Effect light full power)
    Store this rig

go back to rig A)
    Press Effects - you'll hear delay and reverb
    Press and hold 'lock'
    Press Delay
    Press Reverb
    Press Effects
    (in the display you get a lock symbol for all 4 effects)

If I switch to rig B) I'll get still no effects - all other rigs work fine.

• I did it and I get fx when I switch from A to B rig

I use still 6900 version.

• Hi Armin,

I haven't checked this and I'm reading this from a place where there's no KPA.

But I have noticed that, to me, the lock behaviour can be different if you lock individual fx buttons compared to if you lock the entire fx section.

Having said that, I haven't had any problems locking any stomps or fx in any firmware version.

Cheers,

Mats N

• True story... did you press on one of the stomps and then lock or on the "master fx for 4 blocks" button and then lock?

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• As explained above I did both - it will only NOT lock if all steps below were done EXACTLY in the same way:

Rig A):
    Delay & Reverb = ON
    Effects = OFF
    (Delay and Reverb should light dim, Effect does not light)
    Store this rig

Rig B)
    Delay & Reverb = OFF
    Effects = ON
    (Dealy & Reverb does not light, Effect light full power)
    Store this rig

go back to rig A)
    Press Effects - you'll hear delay and reverb
    Press and hold 'lock'
    Press Delay
    Press Reverb
    Press Effects
    (in the display you get a lock symbol for all 4 effects)

look will not work = no reverb,,, in Rig B