Latency free s/pdif

• Hey guys,

I have a problem I can't get get my head around!

I connect my Kemper to my computer via a duet usb (2 inputs) and I need to free up some inputs, so that I can run kemper in stereo while recording vocals at the same time. I ordered the Lindy audio converter as described this thread:
    SPDIF and Mac computers

With Lindy I can successfully use s/pdif in my DAW (logic) without any audible latency. However I need to be able to do it without logic. The reason being that I am sending all audio (system audio, guitar and vocals) through a software called sound syphon - which allows me to livestream a mix of all the audio sources in realtime. If I use logic while livestreaming I get performance problems.

I tried a free software called "LineIn" but got lots of latency.

Any help is appreciated! ?(

Edited once, last by KD ().

• Hi,

not sure if I get this right: Sound syphon lets you stream audio from your Mac (via the Duett which receives the KPA signal optically via the Lindy converter) to (say) the www?
    If so, does Sound syphon let you choose which inputs from the Duett shell be used? If not, did you route the digital & analog inputs of the Duett to one bus internally?

You probably have, but maybe worth a look...

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Hi,

not sure if I get this right: Sound syphon lets you stream audio from your Mac (via the Duett which receives the KPA signal optically via the Lindy converter) to (say) the www?
    If so, does Sound syphon let you choose which inputs from the Duett shell be used? If not, did you route the digital & analog inputs of the Duett to one bus internally?

You probably have, but maybe worth a look...

Yes, sound syphon lets me send all audio (duet and system audio) to the www (here's how it looks: http://screencast.com/t/4AcH0t8m2B ), and it also lets me send the kemper digital signal. However I cannot figure out how to monitor kemper in real time.