Left channel louder than right channel - BIZARRE conundrum!

• So was gigging last night, running in stereo (also stereo in-ears for fun). I noticed that one 'side' was slightly louder than the other, this was confirmed by visual gain levels on the desk, next to me. The really bizarre bit was in the trouble shooting between sets....

1. Switched L and R cables between my delay and reverb pedals in the effects loop. NO CHANGE.

2. Switched the 2 cables going back into the Kemper (from delay in effects loop). NO CHANGE.

3. Switched the XLRs at the kemper end. NO CHANGE....

at this point you'd be thinking it's the desk right?..

4. Switched those same XLR cables at the desk end - and the louder L side switched sides with the quieter R side, so the R was now louder

Repeated multiple times, totally baffled, as was the sound guy. Same kemper, desk and exact same cables was fine the night before. Mental. For the whole 2nd set, the R side was now louder as a result of switching xlrs at the desk end, changed them mid-way through second set at the kemper end and it made no difference, still louder in R

• Hi, sorry to reply to old post, but did you get this resolved? I am also finding the left channel slightly louder than the right. I can tell thru headphones or stereo monitoring. I mean, I can adjust the panorama, but shouldn't have to?

• having the same problem! bought my Kemper in 2019 and have it going into a Saffire pro 40 interface both gain channels are at 0 and its all going into Studio One version 4.

it was fine for the longest time until one day it just started to be louder in the left speaker and I haven't updated anything or changed anything. I upgraded my XLR cables to much higher quality replacements and still the same thing.... I checked everything in the chain

including the on board audio interface monitoring software and it says everything is outputting at a even stereo level. when playing music with lots of panning, everything is perfect and in the center of the stereo field, but when I open the daw and play the Kemper it does this. side note: playing any other recorded tracks in the daw will playback as even stereo, so im guessing its all coming from the Kemper. I hope someone can figure this out :) Cheers

• having the same problem! bought my Kemper in 2019 and have it going into a Saffire pro 40 interface both gain channels are at 0 and its all going into Studio One version 4.

it was fine for the longest time until one day it just started to be louder in the left speaker and I haven't updated anything or changed anything. I upgraded my XLR cables to much higher quality replacements and still the same thing.... I checked everything in the chain

including the on board audio interface monitoring software and it says everything is outputting at a even stereo level. when playing music with lots of panning, everything is perfect and in the center of the stereo field, but when I open the daw and play the Kemper it does this. side note: playing any other recorded tracks in the daw will playback as even stereo, so im guessing its all coming from the Kemper. I hope someone can figure this out :) Cheers

Hi bud

I had this issue lately and what happened was I created a Template in Cubase. The guitar track I was recording too was stereo but I have a mono Waves Compressor on that track and this was only compressing one side and hence reducing the gain. Changed this to a stereo compressor and the signal evened out.

May be worth checking.