Mojotone Faux British Amp KPA Rack Pictures

• I just got back from a run of shows using the new Faux British Amp Head KPA Rack that I co-designed with the good people from Mojotone. They now offer this as a stock product if anyone is interested. Here's the link: http://www.mojotone.com/Cabine…ure-with-Faux-British-Amp. They matched the color scheme on my 65 Cabinet perfectly (They actually built the cabs for 65 in the early days). Our FOH guy is going to hard wire the input jack in the front of the faux head to an angled cable that fits into the Kemper very soon.

Attached are a couple of live shots from a show Yacht Rock Revue played at the incredibly amazing Austin City Limits Live in Austin, TX. I know it makes "Kemper Spotting" a bit more challenging, but it's fun to hear people ask, "What kind of tube head is that, man?". The full stage shot is us playing the 80s classic "Break My Stride" with singer/songwriter/producer Matthew Wilder who has been one of the artists performing with us this summer.

It fits right in a stock Pelican Case (which you can see is doing double duty as a mini riser that I put my cabinet on), and I have sucessfully checked it on several flights.

On a related note...We had the legendary Ambrosia open the show on some select dates, and their guitarist Doug Jackson is a killer player! Most people are only familiar with their radio hits, but their other material leans way more toward some really intricate 70s prog.

• Very cool! Do you have the London head to go with the cabinet? I got the London Pro a couple years ago and had Dan load it with the Alnico Blue and Heritage 30 speakers. Very nice cab but HEAVY!

• So cool, Mark!

Speaking of which, I wonder if the heat's convection towards the front panel and LCD could cause issues in the long term, especially as on-stage ambient temps are your starting points. I'm talking about drying pots and of course LCD life mainly.

If there isn't one, perhaps a small computer fan could be sneaked into the faux-cab's cavity somewhere.

• On a related note...We had the legendary Ambrosia open the show on some select dates, and their guitarist Doug Jackson is a killer player! Most people are only familiar with their radio hits, but their other material leans way more toward some really intricate 70s prog.

The Faux head case is a nice idea.

Ambrosia? Good band.

Over the years I would do FOH between band projects. Did Ambrosia a few times and it was an enjoyable thing for certain.

Is David Pack still doing most of the lead vocals?

Edited once, last by 1fastdog ().

• SOkerlund...No, I don't have a London Head, but I've played through them a number of times. Killer amp. Peter Stroud is actually a really good friend, and he sits in with us quite often. We do a Zep/Who show where we split guitar duties, and that is always a blast! I actually find the 65 Cabinet is not overtly heavy. If we do a fly date using back line stuff , I usually request an Orange cabinet. Now, those things are heavy!

Monkey_Man...I'm Monkeyboy! Even though I'm damn near 50. Check out the 60s style Marshall Logo Joe Vallina at amplates.com made for me to put on the rack (just taped in place for now). I haven't had any thermal issues yet, and we have played some really hot outdoor gigs recently. Since there is an extra rack space on the bottom, and a vent in the back, this might help out with airflow.

1fastdog...No, David Pack has publicly distanced himself from anything that has to do with "Yacht Rock". We, along with several other bands of the genre, were featured in a Wall Street Journal article about a year ago. He basically said that while he has no problem with his former bandmates performing the music live, he doesn't want rejoin Ambrosia at this time. In his stead is an amazing singer name Ken Stacey, who has an incredibly impressive resume, including being one of the back up singers that was to tour with Michael Jackson before his untimely death. He can be seen in the "This is It" documentary. The live band still features original members Joe Puerta (Bass), Burleigh Drummond (Drums), and Chris North (Keys). Burleigh's wife Mary also plays keys and sings.

• Monkey_Man...I'm Monkeyboy! Even though I'm damn near 50. Check out the 60s style Marshall Logo Joe Vallina at amplates.com made for me to put on the rack (just taped in place for now). I haven't had any thermal issues yet, and we have played some really hot outdoor gigs recently. Since there is an extra rack space on the bottom, and a vent in the back, this might help out with airflow.

Ha! I love the logo, man... I mean, boy! Hopefully nobody gets you confused with me at gigs; rotten tomatoes in your face don't go down so well unless you're really hungry.

Sounds like there'll be some natural convection there, which'll obviously help. My concern was only that the Kemper is designed for convection from its floor through the unit and out of the "ceiling", meaning that mounting it vertically would tend to trap and concentrate a little heat behind the faceplate.

Thankfully with the Kemper, we're all starting from the best-possible position of having the good fortune to be running a beastie that's uber-cool in operation... and playability... and sound...