Today's release 4.0.6 12421

• It's not recognised as an issue by Kemper and appears to be intentional. When switching with the Remote, there is no lag in switching, only on the display on the Remote changing. It's been said many times on here by the Mods that is works how they want it to.

• It's not recognised as an issue by Kemper and appears to be intentional. When switching with the Remote, there is no lag in switching, only on the display on the Remote changing. It's been said many times on here by the Mods that is works how they want it to.

If this is indeed true I must say I'm disappointed. It makes zero sense and contradicts all the good things they do.

• If this is indeed true I must say I'm disappointed. It makes zero sense and contradicts all the good things they do.

I agree. To me it's complete BS to say that's how they want it to work. Why would anyone WANT a delay on the screen of the remote? That makes NO practical sense. And when your buyers are saying that it IS an issue, then the Kemper team should take that as a sign of it being an issue. I personally won't upgrade to 4.x because of this one "non" issue.

• I agree. To me it's complete BS to say that's how they want it to work. Why would anyone WANT a delay on the screen of the remote? That makes NO practical sense. And when your buyers are saying that it IS an issue, then the Kemper team should take that as a sign of it being an issue. I personally won't upgrade to 4.x because of this one "non" issue.

It's the trade off for having (near) instant audio switching. I don't know any modeller or digital amplifier that switches as fast as the Kemper. In fact, I just acquired a Helix and in preset mode, the switching lag is terrible but is excused in the manual as being par for the course when dealing with DSP! True, snapshot mode has fast switching, but you aren't anywhere near as free to set up your patches as you like as you are in preset mode. I know I was one of those that kept banging on about the display lag, but I'm learning to live with the 400-600 ms.

• Can i say one thing POSITIVE about the this?
    OK

I have NOT updated [yet],
    yep meow meow ^^ , BUT, the kemper has allowed me to remain in the old version with NO hang ups.
    Whats the point of this BLAH

Why be the first to jump to the update when the Kemper allows us to stay safe mean time until issues are sorted...

The problem is then i hear, (some of you saying) but how can they not then iron out the issues if we dont play and test it...???? Well, maybe we need a kemper dood to play and sim it live and elsewhere FOR AT LEAST 2 MONTHS...to get it, i dont know. :P

I have never updated, (except RM)

No issues here, i dont know if that helps any one, but ill only update if its having no issues for at least 2 months
    (i can live with out morphing ATM)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I agree. To me it's complete BS to say that's how they want it to work. Why would anyone WANT a delay on the screen of the remote? That makes NO practical sense. And when your buyers are saying that it IS an issue, then the Kemper team should take that as a sign of it being an issue. I personally won't upgrade to 4.x because of this one "non" issue.

what we want is zero delay audio switching in between Rigs in performance mode. and tons of conversations with touring artists we believe that this is what a lot of users want as well. in order to get audio switching with no gab or delay, we had to change things a little and as a result, the display shows the name of the Rig about 1/10 sec later compared to older software versions. in other words, the display was never instant. We've increased the time it takes in between pushing a button to change to another rig and reading the name of the new rig by about 20%. nobody says that's perfect but it is a trade off that makes sense to us.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I can't see why the display would be so important when you are playing guitar? It only becomes important to me when programming the Kemper. I really don't want to compromise the switching time again.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Had a gig last weekend with latest firmware. The audio switching has been super fast and thats the most important for me. I didn't look at the display the whole time. Maybe between two songs or for a short orientation within one performance.
    For me it is perfect as it is. Mostly i didn't observe the discussed "lag".

• I don't really mind the display lag but perhaps the behaviour new vs. old could be made switchable (if possible!) to make all users happy.
    I don't know which behaviour I'd because I don't remember severe audio lags of prior versions. If there was an audio lag before, I could live with it.
    However like I said, I don't mind the visual gap very much.

• what we want is zero delay audio switching in between Rigs in performance mode. and tons of conversations with touring artists we believe that this is what a lot of users want as well. in order to get audio switching with no gab or delay, we had to change things a little and as a result, the display shows the name of the Rig about 1/10 sec later compared to older software versions. in other words, the display was never instant. We've increased the time it takes in between pushing a button to change to another rig and reading the name of the new rig by about 20%. nobody says that's perfect but it is a trade off that makes sense to us.

I don't care about the display, but if it was possible, I'd like the LEDs (or at the very least, the LED of the slot you have hit) to update faster than they do now. Those are my visual cues in a live situation, not the LCD.

• I don't care about the display, but if it was possible, I'd like the LEDs (or at the very least, the LED of the slot you have hit) to update faster than they do now. Those are my visual cues in a live situation, not the LCD.

we have considered that already and there might be a window of opportunity. don't take that as a yes or no please.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• what we want is zero delay audio switching in between Rigs in performance mode. and tons of conversations with touring artists we believe that this is what a lot of users want as well. in order to get audio switching with no gab or delay, we had to change things a little and as a result, the display shows the name of the Rig about 1/10 sec later compared to older software versions. in other words, the display was never instant. We've increased the time it takes in between pushing a button to change to another rig and reading the name of the new rig by about 20%. nobody says that's perfect but it is a trade off that makes sense to us.

I'm confused. Prior to 4.x, I noticed no visual or audio lag. So I don't understand why Kemper felt like they needed to change anything that now introduces more visual lag that was there before. When playing live, it's pretty distracting when you're in the middle of playing while changing settings, to hit a button and THINK you've changed rigs, but can't be 100% sure until after the display changes. This just makes no sense and I don't see why Kemper basically decided to ADD lag on the remote's screen.

• I can live with the visual lag on the Kemper, since I use a Voodoo Labs GC controller and it switches instantly for my display. :P
    Instant switching of the audio is most important. Still, if they could make the visuals a little quicker without compromising the audio, then that would be greatly appreciated.

• Had a gig last weekend with latest firmware. The audio switching has been super fast and thats the most important for me. I didn't look at the display the whole time. Maybe between two songs or for a short orientation within one performance.
    For me it is perfect as it is. Mostly i didn't observe the discussed "lag".

I dont care about display lag either! as long as my presets swithes instantly! but that not always happend for me! As i have mentioned before, I have used guitarprosessors from TC. and midiboards. They did not have any lag at all, audio or display!

• Its not just the display, the expression pedal (used as a wah) has a lag the first or second time it's used on a patch, after that it works perfect. The expression pedal lag occurs with midi controllers and plugged into the remote. The lag does not occur if the expression pedal is plugged directly into the kemper but I am using wireless and only have the supplied Ethernet cable running to the amp. I can live with a slow display response on the remote and kemper as long as the audio switches fast but the expression pedal lag is really hard to deal with live. I sent my backup to kemper and they said they couldnt reproduce it. I went from 500+ rigs down to 250 and made sure the wah is calibrated each time. I reset all defaults and did a system reset. I havent installed yesterdays update but I have the one before it 4.06

• I'm confused. Prior to 4.x, I noticed no visual or audio lag. So I don't understand why Kemper felt like they needed to change anything that now introduces more visual lag that was there before. When playing live, it's pretty distracting when you're in the middle of playing while changing settings, to hit a button and THINK you've changed rigs, but can't be 100% sure until after the display changes. This just makes no sense and I don't see why Kemper basically decided to ADD lag on the remote's screen.

I feel your pain, but all I can say is thank goodness the music I play depends more on my actual playing than trying to do a tap dance to change rigs at crucial points in the song.