Just got my kemper today, thought I'd say hello

• Got my powered kemper head today and holy shit was I overwhelmed. Very excited to learn though. Also, I didn't really realize I needed the double usp chord to download the rigs but I'll be picking one up tomorrow. Another thing I'm playing out of marshall cab now and I'll be peaking up some passive speakers tomorrow. Do people recommend studio monitors or the pa deal?

• Welcome! Since you'be got the powered Kemper, I would say a cab is in order, but you should be really picky depending on what kind of music you're playing.
    I'll also say that a pair of studio monitors is also essential for recording, but you will notice big differences in the sound over the cab and via the monitors because it's a guitar voiced speaker versus an FRFR solution.
    You could also look into getting a flat passive speaker, like one of the Blue Amps or Atomic Amplifier ones, but they are pricey.

• Welcome! Since you'be got the powered Kemper, I would say a cab is in order, but you should be really picky depending on what kind of music you're playing.
    I'll also say that a pair of studio monitors is also essential for recording, but you will notice big differences in the sound over the cab and via the monitors because it's a guitar voiced speaker versus an FRFR solution.
    You could also look into getting a flat passive speaker, like one of the Blue Amps or Atomic Amplifier ones, but they are pricey.

what do you recommend for not so pricey ones? I don't wanna cheap out too hard but I pretty much broke the bank on the kemper haha. I see yamaha dbr come pretty recommended and I found yamaha cbr for half the price. I think they are half the price because they are passive? I don't know I'm considering those and behringers. But I'm more then open to,suggestions! I would just like to stay under 300 per speaker.

• what do you recommend for not so pricey ones? I don't wanna cheap out too hard but I pretty much broke the bank on the kemper haha. I see yamaha dbr come pretty recommended and I found yamaha cbr for half the price. I think they are half the price because they are passive? I don't know I'm considering those and behringers. But I'm more then open to,suggestions! I would just like to stay under 300 per speaker.

I haven't heard much about the Yamaha range other than the DXR10, which is supposed to be excellent with the Kemper.

Keep in mind, it is only a single speaker. But it would cost $599, within your budget for speaker.

Rather than going for the cheapest option, I would recommend you go for the DXR10 after reading through some of the reviews on this forum. It ticks a lot of boxes even though it's only mono.

I don't own one or any kind of monitoring device, I usually play through my studio monitors at home or the PA at a gig. I like it that way because it's FRFR for the most part. I think the DXR works that way too, it is quite flat and your profiles should translate well on it. Later, you can always purchase another for stereo sound, like I said, the quality of the profile reproduction trumps the stereo effect with two speakers in my own mind.

But do some research of your own too!

• just get yourself some "rocket" 5s or 8s and use you guitar cab for live stuff (if you feel you need to)
    Playing at home through studio monitors will give you much more of a chance to get the best out of the Kemper and if you want to do some recording into your computer, you're half way there.
    You're never going to get a powered wedge up loud enough at home to really feel the benefits, and you'd need a pair to enjoy the stereo effects of the kpa.

• Greetings!

Welcome Aboard!!

I got my Kemper a few weeks ago and I haven't left my room since (is that normal?) ?(:thumbup:

I think it probably matters how you gonna use this lunchbox, I'm a bedroom player and home studio person so having the most accurate monitors (Genelec) were important to me.

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools
    But that's the way I like it baby
    I don't wanna live forever

• wow thank you everyone for all the info I posted a thread and I forgot I should have just read this one for the info I need. Well what I'm thinking about doing now is returning the powered kemper and getting the regular one with the yamaha dxr. Any advice on that? I don't play live just in my own home and I do want the best possible sound but I could save some money by getting the unpowered kemper and I could probably get the studio moniters as well.

• wow thank you everyone for all the info I posted a thread and I forgot I should have just read this one for the info I need. Well what I'm thinking about doing now is returning the powered kemper and getting the regular one with the yamaha dxr. Any advice on that? I don't play live just in my own home and I do want the best possible sound but I could save some money by getting the unpowered kemper and I could probably get the studio moniters as well.

Many here run with that configuration. Good luck!

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer