Rockabilly Tones

• Greetings,
    I'm trying to nail something like this
    to play Rockabilly music with my Tele and Gretsch and I'm having difficulty dialing in something that sounds clean, open and big.
    I played around a bit with Gundy's setzer profile, but it wasn't in the direction I was looking for.

Any input would be appreciated. :D
    -jen

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools
    But that's the way I like it baby
    I don't wanna live forever

• Isn't it just a very clean amp with a slapback delay?

Basically Yes...
    Maybe I just need to play with some EQ and compression to give it a bigger smoother tone.

• Thank You!

This thread can be destroyed now!
    I guess I was trying to say how do I dial in the tone that's in my head?
    I'm still a newbie on this "magical box" and have a lot yet to learn.

I think I'm getting closer to what I'm seeking by playing with some chicken picken tones. 8o

• I use a 62 Bassman profile from The Amp Factory with just a touch of grit on ...
    The mist important thing for me was the stomp delay in OS 4 ...placed before the amp ...add a touch of matchbox reverb voila ...
    Also the guitar is very important !

• Thanks for the tips!

I made this!

It is close to what I'm looking for, probably a bit extreme but sounds nice with my Tele and Gretsch. It's supposed to be clean, compressed sounding and then click on the Green Scream for the grit. (btw all content used to create this is free factory stuff!)

Do any of you Professionals still get chills up your spine when you find something special in this box?

I've been playing most of my life and have never been in a band (just a few punk bands in high school). So not having the talent and drive to make it to that "next level" of playing, I just play for my own enjoyment. Actually I don't know what I would do without music and my guitars, probably lose my mind.

So my experience with fine tube amps is limited to the Vox AC15 I own, but lately as I get used to working with this "magical" box, I will find a setting that just sends chills up my spine, like I'm at one with the sound coming out of the monitor. I've never experienced this before with any "digital" amp modeler (and I've had many).

just curious,
    jen

Edited 3 times, last by motochick: I've updated the link so if you downloaded previously download again. I had to fix the Slapback to sound good in Mono also. ().

• Here's one more to try Gravity

Clean John Mayer tone from the song Gravity.

Strat, PU position 4,

(git rid of the pick if you want to sound like the record) 8)