Acoustic overdrive with Kemper

• Hi,
    We will play an acoustic gig quite soon - the first..
    I have a performance now wich mainly uses the "acoustic C" profile.

For some songs / solos, I want a slight, nice overdrive on the guitar sound. Would be good, to also get a bit more sustain with such a rig. I tried some electric guitar amp - and it sounds horrible.
    Does anyone have an idea, how to get a good sounding overdrive sound from an acoustic guitar (Martin) with piezo PU?
    Thanks a lot for any help!

• I would suggest:

• - use the Compression parameter in the AMPLIFIER module for more "sustain"
    • - use the "Parallel Path" feature to mix your clean piezo sound with a overdriven one,
    • this way you can use a cabinet's pleasing low-pass properties on the distortion while still getting the full clean signal plus compression and EQ for exsample (<- try the Character parameter to fine tune the distorted signal!)
    • - use a high-ish Clarity value
    • - use a low-ish Tube Shape value

hth

• sounds good! Not finished, but I think I will get something...

I had good results when using a highpass filter on the piezo signal, it will carry a lot of unwanted low frequency content, including structure-bore/impact sound.
    Van Halen's Poundcake is still a blueprint for me for a good acoustic/overdriven electric layered sound ;)
    beginning 0:26

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.