4.2 Beta OS bug? - Pure Cabinet in CABINET different that Pure Cabinet in MASTER

• Just noticed that - Pure Cabinet in CABINET section has a value of 1.0 for example, whereas Pure Cabinet in MASTER is 6.0....
    OK in CABINET module there is now label "Global Pure Cabinet 6.0" - it reflects what is set in MASTER section, but which value is applied? CABINET or MASTER (Global)

• Just noticed that - Pure Cabinet in CABINET section has a value of 1.0 for example, whereas Pure Cabinet in MASTER is 6.0....
    OK in CABINET module there is now label "Global Pure Cabinet 6.0" - it reflects what is set in MASTER section, but which value is applied? CABINET or MASTER (Global)

The bigger value is applied. It must be somewhere in the release notes.

• I think this would be better if it were a value you could lock on it's own page in Cabinet section, then we could ditch the global pure cab setting and it would be more consistent with the Kemper way of doing things like the noise gate.

• The bigger value is applied. It must be somewhere in the release notes.

Haven't found the documentation for this OS as this time I wasn't downloading and unpacking the file. Also the "Addendum 4.0" manual in Rig Manager -> Help -> Manuals doesn't contain anything about 4.2
    So is this the requested per-rig Pure Cabinet parameter? If so, you can't set lower value than global parameter.

• So is this the requested per-rig Pure Cabinet parameter? If so, you can't set lower value than global parameter.

Yes, this is it. If you want to go low dial in the global and rig pure cab values both low-ish.
    Then if you want to to higher for certain rigs dial it in per rig and it will override the global value.

• I am not seeing pure in CAB module..I have it ticked on in Output and at 3. CAB Module shows High and Low Shift and Character only. Button 4 has not label and no LED lit on pot 4. Reboot and no change. Am I missing something?

Will

Edited 3 times, last by WillB ().

• I am not seeing pure in CAB module..I have it ticked on in Output and at 3. CAB Module shows High and Low Shift and Character only. Button 4 has not label and no LED lit on pot 4. Reboot and no change. Am I missing something?

the latest Beta update?

• As I said originally on the other thread I started, the updated Rig Manager appeared to install the 4.2.12488 OS when started but the screen was partially blocked by the tuner bars but it appeared like it completed the task. If I now check the KPA via System (p18?) it did not actually install the beta OS. Restarting both the KPA and RM does not trigger the update. Now what? The beta software is not available for update in the traditional USB stick.

Will

• As I said originally on the other thread I started, the updated Rig Manager appeared to install the 4.2.12488 OS when started but the screen was partially blocked by the tuner bars but it appeared like it completed the task. If I now check the KPA via System (p18?) it did not actually install the beta OS. Restarting both the KPA and RM does not trigger the update. Now what? The beta software is not available for update in the traditional USB stick.

If it was downloaded by RM, you'll find it in a folder located in the same parent folder where it stores your Rigs etc.

• If it was downloaded by RM, you'll find it in a folder located in the same parent folder where it stores your Rigs etc.

It didn't download it I guess because I checked where you suggested and I did a search of the whole drive for kaos.bin.

Also, in RM when I check for software updates from the HELP tab the response is:
    "Rig Manager and Profiler Software Update: This software is up-to-date."
    In Preferences I have Auto check for software updates and beta releases TICKED.

Will

Edited once, last by WillB ().

• MY UPDATE ISSUE SOLVED
    I'm not sure if this was the cure but here is what I just did to get it installed:

I had Rig Exchange Unticked (OFF). Turned it on and then inputted and tested credentials. Credentials good but then RM crashed.

Restarted RM and retested credentials with RMExchange now on. Then checked for update via HELP/Software Update. Seemed like nothing happened so I looked "behind" RM Windows. Update Window was there and 4.2 Beta shown as available, clicked install. Currently running through the last step of checking rigs on my KPA so I am assuming it installed.

And yes, it did the install and now, of course, the new pure cab (2) function is in CAB Module. Also, I doubt if turning on Rig Exchange had anything to do with it. Probably just putting in credentials which I had in there previous version of RM but were blank when I updated to this new beta version. After update the Tuner initially didn't work but reboot fixed it.

Will

Edited 3 times, last by WillB ().

• Win 10 Version 1607, Build 14393.187 (ie Current Anniversary Production release). See above if you didn't to see how I got the KPA Beta OS to finally install.

AND NOW WHEN I CHECKED FOR UPDATES THERE IS A NEW RIG MANAGER V 1.6.33.12480.

Will

Edited 2 times, last by WillB ().

• Haven't found the documentation for this OS as this time I wasn't downloading and unpacking the file. Also the "Addendum 4.0" manual in Rig Manager -> Help -> Manuals doesn't contain anything about 4.2So is this the requested per-rig Pure Cabinet parameter? If so, you can't set lower value than global parameter.

Since 4.2.0 Software is available, the manuals on our download page are also updated - like always. There is an Addendum 4.2, which explain the mechanics around Pure Cabinet in detail and there is a Reference Manual 4.2 in multiple languages. All in line with 4.2 features and functionality.

Why are you looking in an old 4.0 manual for 4.2 content?

• There is an Addendum 4.2

I do not see a Addendum 4.2. I just found an addendum 4.
    If this refer to Vers 4.2 it would be a good idea to show this in the title.

Edit:
    In the meantime the Kempers started to update.
    The New Appendum 4.2 has to be load from the Downloadpage.

Edited 2 times, last by Sharry: New updating started after writing this posting ().

• The Manuals in RM are still 4.0
    In the download section on the Kemoer Website are the 4.2 Version ready for download
    Think the 4.2 Version will be in RM after the 4.2 release Version

• Since 4.2.0 Software is available, the manuals on our download page are also updated - like always. There is an Addendum 4.2, which explain the mechanics around Pure Cabinet in detail and there is a Reference Manual 4.2 in multiple languages. All in line with 4.2 features and functionality.
    Why are you looking in an old 4.0 manual for 4.2 content?

I just thought the new smart installer is that much smart to update the Manuals accessible by Rig Manager Help option. I think that would be another neat feature for Kemper <->Rig Manager ecosystem, to update the manuals in RM with newer OS.

EDIT: I have read 4.2 addendum and now it's clear!

Edited once, last by skoczy ().